Cultivated Reef

5.4gal ( no more)

Angel<3Nanos

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel<3Nanos

Aweeeeeee fu*k yeah !!!! That looks amazing man,I'm loving it !!! Get some NutraFin Cycle and get this thing going :happydance:

Hell yeah

Was thinking of doing the shrimp method but ill look to check if my LFS has any.

Also, I tought about water changes. And I've read on people using the water they change on their Main tanks to use on their picos. Seems fair. I do 5gals a week on my 45. Might as well reuse that on this. Plus it's only softies this tank will have.

Angel<3Nanos

I don't see why not. It shouldn't be a problem. How are the parameters on your 45 ?

Everytime I test is ph 8.2, nitrates and phosphates are undetectable (must be my 13.3g refugium. With heavy macros).

Cal and alk are always on the high side since I have no sps or alot of lps.

Sometimes I see doing WCs everyweek pointless. Since I've gone 2 months with no WCs and same params.

Plus I have a huuuuge skimmer lol rated for 200gals.

Snow_Phoenix

Great start! Shoot me a FTS when you have a chance. I will share on FB.

-Dave

If you ever start international shipping, let me know. I'll probably grab a Nanobox for my Pico from you. :)

Angel<3Nanos

Oh you're good then. Is that the water you used to set it up ?

Yeah that's what I did. WC on th3 45g, fill up the 5.4g. Lol

That light is so bada$$, Angel! I wish I had one like it for my Pico!!! :D

I think this will be a wonderful setup, just like your previous projects. Can't wait to see where this goes. :)

Thank you shadow!

I can't wait to start putting zoas in it. That Nanobox is amazing! :)

Sexy!!

Oh tamb :wub:

Great start! Shoot me a FTS when you have a chance. I will share on FB.

-Dave

Yay! Will do Dave! :)

If you ever start international shipping, let me know. I'll probably grab a Nanobox for my Pico from you. :)

You wont regret the nanobox. It looks amazing on top of this tank. ;)

I've been getting some equipment for my aio but your tank is making me want to get my aquatop up and running like now!

Haha doooooo eeeetttt!!!! Lol

The more the merrier lol

Haha doooooo eeeetttt!!!! Lol

The more the merrier lol

Soon. Trying to get the 21 gallon as self sufficient as possible so the next to will be easier to get going

Angel<3Nanos

Soon. Trying to get the 21 gallon as self sufficient as possible so the next to will be easier to get going

Lol yeah might as well :)

Angel<3Nanos

Nice man,that's what's up. I'm waiting right besides Dave on that FTS :D it's much needed !!

Im fixing all the cables and the nanobox has been off since there is no livestock and its cycling. Im using Life Rock by CaribSea that I bought so I dont eant to see a diatom bloom lol. I decided not to use my current from my 45g. And I also bought new sand.

Stand looks awesome! Really digging how the tank is coming along. Quick question....looks like you epoxy'd 3 pieces of rock together. If so, did you dye the epoxy purple or have epoxy in that color. Reason I ask is my epoxy is light greyish/white, so when using to place frags in my tank, it stands out in a bad way.

Thanks!

Stand looks awesome! Really digging how the tank is coming along. Quick question....looks like you epoxy'd 3 pieces of rock together. If so, did you dye the epoxy purple or have epoxy in that color. Reason I ask is my epoxy is light greyish/white, so when using to place frags in my tank, it stands out in a bad way.

Thanks!

Thanks! :)

The epoxy I used is TLF AquaStik Red epoxy. It turns purple. :)http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001MXGR60?pc_redir=1409150021&robot_redir=1

BEWARE: it stinks like sewer and makes your skimmer go nuts lol

Haha alright hopefully tomorrow! :D I have to get the right settings on the NanoBox.

I'm running 210 blues and 80 whites but that is over a way larger area. Try the 130/40 like reefkid. That ratio will give off a nice color

It's a good color. And I have 2 11ups vs your 13up. So mine might be a little more blue than yours. Yours has lime right ? You kinda have to use more blue to kinda compensate for the brightness of the lime.

On my other light,I use 255 (100%) blues and like 45 (25-30%). But it uses a mixture of luxeons and bridgelux,which btw SUCK lol. Im thinking of selling my 11up fixture and redoing my other light with 2 3up's with NW,WW,Cyan.. 1-2 lime,4 3ups with RB,CB,RB and 3 Hyper Violets on my Fusion 10 when I get it this week or next.

Archived