Pod Your Reef

5.4gal ( no more)

Angel<3Nanos

Just read your post in my thread. Heh, free bump for your boring thread. ;)

Yay! :happydance:

I have some halloween pictures I took for the new spooktacular pico contest. Once I post them there I'll post them here as well ;)

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 5.4g pico that needs a skimmer badly :)

15529028201_fbf06c5df0_b.jpg

And my spooky critter is my Maxi Mini anemone. It chops down anything that gets in its mouth lol it ate a hermit crab a threw in there mwahaha :D

15531739565_67719319a4_b.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

I am on episode 13 of Fairy Tale =). Loving it so far. I didn't like Lucy in the beginning but she's growing on me. Sad thing is that Crunchyroll doesn't have episode 14-38 or something. Booo.

Loooooooooveee fairy tail. I am on the last season so far :) it's one of my favorite anime.

Hehe I also didn't like Lucy. She turns out to be pretty cool tho :)

i wish my purple maxi mini has colors like urs! will the Pico Skimmer 2.0 fit in your 5.5g? you may want to look into the MAME skimmer instead...

shameless plug to my fluval spec - http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/339343-ninjas-fluval-spec-v-mame-skimmer/page-13

=P

Heard it could be in a tank with a depth as little as 4inches. This one is a tall 5.4g. I think it will do good :)

I'm about to check your spec V

• 2 weeks later...

How is the little tank doing?

-Dave

Hey Dave! Thanks for stopping by!

I'm actually really impressed with the mini tide! It does an amazing job! It keeps my maxi mini really happy and coral growth is amazing!

Also, it's growing some SPS I threw in there. They have been in the tank for a little over a week and they are happy and growing. :)

I haven't updated about the SPS as I wanted to see if they will make it first. Overall in really happy with the light. I couldn't have made a better purchase. :)

+1 on an update of this

I will try an snap a pic with the new SPS in there :) it's just a green poci and a pink birds :)

About time man !!! Glad to here all is well over there. How's that Monti doing ?

Monti is ok. Hasn't grown and its loosing color, but im sure that's because the maxi likes to cover that side. There's also days where it doesn't get any light. And I don't know if that maxi stings it.

Buy my skimmer!!!!

Haha wish I had the money man. Im actually placing an order for some acros for my bigger tank , so I'm broke hehe

Haha wish I had the money man. Im actually placing an order for some acros for my bigger tank , so I'm broke hehe

Where are you ordering from? I want to get a couple things and can't decide.

Did you get a chance to watch any Barakamon? I just watched Usagi Drop since you said the premise reminded you of it. It was good, but I wish there was another season of it.

Where are you ordering from? I want to get a couple things and can't decide.

Did you get a chance to watch any Barakamon? I just watched Usagi Drop since you said the premise reminded you of it. It was good, but I wish there was another season of it.

Not ordering anymore. Since my wife is pregnant, we been going to her check ups. And so she got some tests done that the doc assured were covered under her insurance. Well guess what? They weren't. Now we got a huge $1500 bill for some tests that all they did was told us my wife was clean of any diseases that could be transmitted to the baby. :/

Not ordering anymore. Since my wife is pregnant, we been going to her check ups. And so she got some tests done that the doc assured were covered under her insurance. Well guess what? They weren't. Now we got a huge $1500 bill for some tests that all they did was told us my wife was clean of any diseases that could be transmitted to the baby. :/

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry :(

Never had to deal with anything like this, mostly because I just never go to the doctor for anything, but can they really just do that? What did the doctor/hospital say about it?

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry :(

Never had to deal with anything like this, mostly because I just never go to the doctor for anything, but can they really just do that? What did the doctor/hospital say about it?

It's ridiculous. For our first child we didn't do these tests. These are some new tests to ensure nothing is wrong in our genes. The doc did say they were covered and that the tests were a "must" do. So we went ahead with them. And today in the mail was this huge bill. We are going down to the doc tomorrow and talk to them. We are also calling the lab that did the testing. There must be something wrong. We're not paying for something that they assured us was covered in our insurance. So in the meanwhile I can't buy anything just in the case we end up paying for it. :(

Sorry to hear, in the uk we get free healthcare so we don't get surprise bills like that.

Sorry to hear, in the uk we get free healthcare so we don't get surprise bills like that.

Luckyyyyy!!!!

i work in healthcare and the amount of unnecessary testing is ridiculous.

Yeah man. And I still don't get it why they told us it was under insurance and then bill us for it. So basically its $1500 for a paper that says my wife is clean. Smh

It's ridiculous. For our first child we didn't do these tests. These are some new tests to ensure nothing is wrong in our genes. The doc did say they were covered and that the tests were a "must" do. So we went ahead with them. And today in the mail was this huge bill. We are going down to the doc tomorrow and talk to them. We are also calling the lab that did the testing. There must be something wrong. We're not paying for something that they assured us was covered in our insurance. So in the meanwhile I can't buy anything just in the case we end up paying for it. :(

Our doc told us not to get those test for that exact reason. There is a very specific way the test needs to be billed to have it hit insurance. If they don't do it right, it gets expensive and messy. sorry man

Our doc told us not to get those test for that exact reason. There is a very specific way the test needs to be billed to have it hit insurance. If they don't do it right, it gets expensive and messy. sorry man

Yeah we're finding that our slowly. Most of our friends and family that just had babies told us the tests weren't necessary. We are just about to talk to the doc. I'm pretty sure she'll send us to the lab bill department but still.. :/

Good news.

So I went to the docs and she said it should be covered, because she would have never done it if we had to pay. So she had us call the billing lab department.

Well they were jerks. First we get this girl who doesn't know what we were talking about so she transfered us to this lady who was super cranky, and told us there was no way around it and we had to pay. She was even already setting up some kind of payment plan without us agreeing on it. So we said we'll call back.

We spoke to the doc again and she actually called the billing department and gave them a hard time :P. Turns out the doc knows the owner of the lab or what ever and she called him directly. He looked into it and said the department made a mistake and we were covered. Hah! So now we are good :)

great, the money that you saved could be spent on an upgrade? or coral?

No upgrades on the 5gal it's already super powered lol maybe add another power head :P

woohoo! imagine if you just took their words for it. glad you were persistent.

I know! I just can't believe someone would make a $3000 mistake. I hope someone gets a written warning for what they did.

Archived