Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano Box Trifecta : Nano Box Personal System

DaveFason

The time has come! For years I tried to have my three tier masterpiece set up however I was limited. Third floor condo, not the ideal tanks, etc. Fast forward five years later and we now have it. This will be the in the Nano Box office room.

Tier One : Pico 20G AIO White

Equipment :

• Nano Box Duo w/Bluefish

• Cobalt 200w Heater

• Tunze 3155 ATO

• Synergy ATO Tank

• APEX Controller

• APEX Auto-Feeder

• APEX Probes

• Nano Box Probe Holder

• CAD Lights Elite or Tunze 9001

• Tunze 6020 and MP20 ( replacing MP when the 6040 is released )

LiveStock :

• Full SPS

• Golden Dwarf Moray Eel

• Grade B Picasso

The goal for this tank is to showcase what the Nano Box units can really do. Going full SPS and a more simple approach from my previous tank.

Tier Two : Pico 5G AIO White

Equipment :

• Cobalt 50w heater

• MP10 and possible swapping for Tunze 6040

• Nano Box Mini Tide w/ Bluefish

• APEX Controlled

LiveStock : Softie Paradise

I plan on keeping this extremely simple. Softies and other goodies. I want to bring back the love for soft corals!

Tier Three : Pico 5G AIO Black

Equiment :

• Cobalt 50w heater

• Nano Box Mini Flare w/Bluefish

• APEX Controlled

LiveStock :

• Bucephalandra Collection

I received a care package from Jake Adams( ReefBuilders ) of the unreal plant. I have been growing it for some time now and will be setting up this tank dedicated to it. I plan on tossing in a few shrimp and that is it. Here is a great link to the plant. I have three strands.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/bucephalandra-collection-rare-plants-from-borneo.22851/

Here are a few teasers. We just moved in this past weekend so things are a mess. I am finishing staining the boards for the equipment area and board for 20G. Also will be touching up the stand from previous wear and tear.

Holding tank for current livestock. Funny thing is I have a Mini Tide over this and things are looking awesome. 24" tank at that!

14914047291_6723154e4a_z.jpgtrifectanano by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Boards fitted. We are good to go!

14730556857_b2bfccb5cc_z.jpgtrifectanano2 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

14730458490_6324fedcff_z.jpgtrifectanano1 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy! I am hoping to have the two 5G wet this weekend.

-Dave

Holy sweetness! This going to be amazing, Dave. I have my MP-10 sitting next to my future 5G PicO and shallow shield. A little worried we might have too much flow... what do you think?

Holy sweetness! This going to be amazing, Dave. I have my MP-10 sitting next to my future 5G PicO and shallow shield. A little worried we might have too much flow... what do you think?

Nope. I had it on my last one as well.

-Dave

Legendary Corals

We must have very similar thinking. I was planning to either upgrade to one large shallow reef, or have 2 exact tanks next to each other. One tank a softy tank and the one next to it an SPS dominant set up. Very excited to see this!

Dave balls so hard.

So...Dave when you send out that clear case how about some of that fancy plant you got there too!

I would set up a planted again for that stuff! It looks unreal, I think I saw it in avatar.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived