inTank Media Baskets

5gal

Amy

I have a 5 gal fluval chi tank just the tank only how good of a nano tank would it be with an aqua clear filter heater and my exotic Eco pico fixture?

They are deep tanks nice cube style just curious

I'm not sure how bright that fixture is compared to something like a PAR30 reef lamp (with optics). It's 9 x 1W LEDs vs 5 x 3W LEDs. I'm just speculating, but the PAR30 might be a better way to go. Another option is to get two more strips for your current fixture (6 more 1W LEDs). With the additional LEDs, your fixture might still work for this size of a tank. Again, just guessing based on what little I've read about these two different lights. Maybe you could sell your old tank w/light to pay for a new fixture for the 5 gallon tank.

Not sure as to what I will do yet, the 5 gal is for my freshwater shrimp, but I am not having a whole lot of luck with the Crystal Shrimps due to my water type, might try a different type of shrimp more for our water first.

I am also waiting for another blue strip from Dr. Foster and Smith, apparently no one here in Canada sells the brand of fixture I have and the company recommended I get it from Dr. Foster and Smith, ya by the time I get it Christmas will be here, I won't order again from them it takes way to long to clear border customs a pain in the ass, its now in Canada in Ontario but says it will not arrive now till August 25th hopefully not. So unless its something I can get here in Canada won't be doing this again. Cost enough as well so not looking at another fixture.

Just going to keep everything going as it is in the 2 gal for now, my 3 new frags are doing well but show no color till I get that blue strip.

This 5 gal is deep so the light might not be enough for it but hard to say if I ever were to try it, but for now shrimp are in it. I was just curious as if anyone had done this with the chi and I did find a few that have this tank and the same fixture on it as well.

I have an all blue strip coming so I will have my 3 12k white/453nm blue and one solid 453nm blue I contacted the business they said I have to much white obesity blue strip will make a difference

Oh and another power source too so I can put that on a separate timer if I want to have just blue on in the evening

hello amy, i'm not quite sure about your question. ha!

sorry. i'm newish. but i have a zen nano aqueon and i never

had to use the heater because the tank was always

warm enough with my light being on six hours each day?

it never got too hot either. it was previously a tetra tank,

and i had swapped out like you.

other than their coral light, i also have a wave pump. the

smallest kind from hydor. that's all.

Archived