Coral Vue Hydros

Atoll in a M60 : New toy - Hybrid approach...

ManGups

My previous setup was a 20L tank with a 10g DYI sump. I had just matured into SPS and unfortunately had to move and was not possible to take my tank and ended by selling the live stock, corals and tank.

Now I am back again at the hobby after a 5 month hiatus. I just ordered Fluval new top of the line AIO - M40 (14 gallon NANO AIO).with the stand.

After it came broken (see below) I decided to finally go with a Fluval M60. Really excited about it....

Here is what the setup would look like once assembled.

Here are more details on the new FLUVAL Saltwater AIO's : http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/ca/product/15120-reef-aquarium-and-cabinet-set-m40/#.U-wonPldUxg

SETUP:

Equipment
- Light - Radion Gen 2/T5 Retrofit Now using an ATI 4 X 24 Dimmable (Blue +, Coral +, Blue + , Coral +)
- Return - Stock Fluval supplied with M90 Replaced with Cobolt MJ 900 for more flow though chiller
- Ecotech Reeflink/ APEX WXM
- Powerhead - 2 Vortech Mp10WS
- ATO - Tunze 3155
- Skimmer - Tunze 9001 Coraline Replaced with Tunze 9004
- Reactor - Innovative Marine Minimax All-In-One Desktop Media -
- Heater - 100 W (Aqueon- have had it for couple of years and runs great) - REPLACED and added 100W Neo Therm Heater
- JBL Nano Glow Fuge light
- APEX & APEX DOS
-JBL Nano breeze Current Prime 1/15 Chiller

Inhabitants V2.0 (After ALK overdose due to siphon)

Fish
- 1 Purple Firefish (Survivor)
- 1 Linespot Wrasse Died
- 1 Naoko Fairy Wrasse (Female) Died
- 1 Naoko Fairy Wrasse (Male)
- 1 Blue Spotted Jawfish Jumped even through a 1/4 netting :(
- 4 Blue Green Chromis
- 1 Yasha Goby

Inverts
- Various Hermits, Astrea Snails,
- 1 Green Bubble Tip Anemone

Corals

- 1 Green Hammer
- 1 Yellow Hammer
- 1 Green frogspawn

-Cute Lobo
- Acan Enchinata
- Acan Lordhowensis
- Watermelon chalice

- Yellow Leptoseris
- Asteroid Cyphastrea
- Careys Pink Cyphastrea

- Neon Green Leptoseris
-Golden Leptastrea Coral
- Montipora Undata
- Green slimer
- Joe the coral
- Acropora Horrida
- Pink Lemonade
- Deepwater Banana Acropora
- Purple Polyp Green Birdsnest Coral, Aquacultured (Seriatopora hystrix)
- Orange Digita
- Purple encrusting Montipora
- Sunset Motipora
- Cliff's Acro
- Armor of God Zoa
- Mystic Sunset Montipora
- Sunset Montipora
- Pearlberry Acropora
- Red Plant Acropora
- Forrest Green Psammocora
- ReefRaft Aussie Gold Acropora

FTS Area:

FTS - April 2016 - 2

26741072205_55a4cb24c6_o.jpg

FTS April 2016 - 1

26590900152_0e778cc28c_z.jpg

FTS Sept 2015 (Just before crash because of Alk overdose)

26591167992_03cf4f2ce6_z.jpg

FTS June 2015

26657154176_5126cde4a7_z.jpg

FTS March 2015

26657154166_a11014688c_h.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious why did you choose this over the new innovative marine 10 or 20g fusion

- Fluval is better equipment (this can be an argument topic)

- Heard too many stories of tank giving way/glass cracks stories with IM tanks

Got the aquarium today - literally within the day.

Opened the box and the surprise was not a good one. The front glass of the aquarium is cracked and part of it has fallen off.

post-81712-0-50594100-1408035088_thumb.jpg
post-81712-0-91048700-1408035079_thumb.jpg

Just contacted DrF&S and since they do not just carry the tank they cannot ship it alone. They are going to reach out to FLUVAL to just ship out the tank.

The start has not been good but hopefully it turns out well at the end.

post-81712-0-91048700-1408035079_thumb.jpg

post-81712-0-50594100-1408035088_thumb.jpg

Well it turned out - there were some parts missing also. So now the whole things is going back to DFRS. I was also lucky to find same at LFS at a much cheaper price.

Will be picking it up this weekend. Hopefully I can setup up the tank soon.

good luck with this, what a pita my mr aqua somehow made it across the country on a pallet with just saran wrap around it keeping it centered. When I saw it my heart dropped until i got it unwrapped and it looked fine from there.

I have the m40...love it so far. The stock equipment isn't half bad, but the light really needed to be changed to something better. I have an AI Vega hanging over it now.

The LFS does not sell the whole package as such. They sell the tank and stand with the connectors, pipes and return pump. The LED light,skimmer, salt etc are not part of the package they sell thus driving the cost much lower. I was anyways planning to use the radion, 2 MP 10w's and the Cadlight skimmer.

They had all 3 (M40, M60 and M90) assembled as display and I ended up getting the M60. The profile of the M60 just stood out among the 3.

Here are some picture of the dry setup. The tank looks really awesome in person....especially with the frosted rim.

post-81712-0-09019400-1408762186_thumb.jpg

post-81712-0-76936600-1408762198_thumb.jpg

post-81712-0-09628000-1408762245_thumb.jpg

post-81712-0-20882700-1408762302_thumb.jpg

I have the m40...love it so far. The stock equipment isn't half bad, but the light really needed to be changed to something better. I have an AI Vega hanging over it now.

Do u have some pictures of the M40 setup?

I am having one of worst luck with the tank :o I discovered leak during the water test ... will be now returning to the LFS 20 mile away for an exchange.

Video:

Could be karma. Might want to try a different tank. Just a little superstitious. Got my fingers crossed that your next purchase will turn out well.

I am having one of worst luck with the tank :o I discovered leak during the water test ... will be now returning to the LFS 20 mile away for an exchange.

Video:

K, well now all I have to say is I got my eye on you fluval

I don't know how they sell the individual components, as Fluval's website only lists them as complete systems. Was it brand new, still sealed in the box like that, without the accessories? If not, my guess is that your LFS is just disassembling them and selling the parts separate. What part of the country do you live in? I've never seen the M90 anywhere in person, and not even online in the US for sale.

Do u have some pictures of the M40 setup?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/350131-my-14g-fluval-m40/

I don't know how they sell the individual components, as Fluval's website only lists them as complete systems. Was it brand new, still sealed in the box like that, without the accessories? If not, my guess is that your LFS is just disassembling them and selling the parts separate. What part of the country do you live in? I've never seen the M90 anywhere in person, and not even online in the US for sale.

Sweet !!!

Yes the tank is Brand new in the same box. He opens the box and takes off the light, skimmer etc and leaves the connectors etc. I got the 25 gallon with stand for 300. It sells for almost 600 on DrF&S. I actually think this is better since I would have upgraded the light(radion), skimmer (Hydor slim skim nano)and the powerhead (Vortech's)

I am near the twin cities in MN.

Well I was able to get to the LFS and the LFS replaced that tank with a water test at the store itself. All look good.

Now to set it all up !!!

Glad to see someone else giving Fluval tanks some love... I've had mine a week or so now, and am really liking it. I think I even like it more than my 120 and my 90, probably since it still has that clean, new look to it.

I'd really like to get my hands on an M90.

Finally.. the tank looks close to be being wet.

Equipment to be added:

- Light - Radion Gen 2 on RMS

- Return - Stock Fluval supplied with M90

- Ecotech Reeflink

- Powerhead - 2 Vortech Mp10WS

- ATO - Tunze 3155

- Skimmer - Tunze 9001 Coraline

- Reactor - Innovative Marine Minimax All-In-One Desktop Media -

- Heater - 100 W (Aqueon- have had it for couple of years and runs great) - REPLACED and added 100W Neo Therm Heater

- JBL Nano Glow Fuge light

- Apex lite

-JBL Nan breeze

Suggestion are welcome ....

post-81712-0-47175400-1408831258_thumb.jpg

DAY 5

Salinity : 1.026

Ph : 8.0

NH3 1.0

NO2: 0

NO3: 0

Added more of Dr. Tim's Denitrifying Bacteria -- hopefully should cycle in less than 10 days ...

Question: Would you keep a Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse in a 24 gallon, ?

More than a week since my last update ... cycle is almost to the end. Will be checking parameters to see where we are.

Finally also got around hanging the radion temporarily till I can get my hands on the RMS. Also rearranged the rock for more overhang.

post-81712-0-16752700-1409837149_thumb.jpg

Archived