Coral Vue Hydros

What lights up your Nuvo 16?

skyzpop

I am currently running the stock Nuvo 16 lights and have been researching different lights to upgrade to and I would like to know what everyone out there with a Nuvo 16 is running and how you like it.

I know for sure I want to go the LED route and I would like something that can grow any coral type and looks good over the Nuvo.

I look forward to seeing what you guys are running, if you could post a picture that would be even better!

Thanks!

I use the stock lighting currently. It's been able to keep zoas, mushrooms, and a torch coral without a problem. However, I'm replacing them with a Nanobox Duo that's coming this week. It'll provide enough light for anything I choose to put into the tank and they are very attractive to look at.

I use the stock lighting currently. It's been able to keep zoas, mushrooms, and a torch coral without a problem. However, I'm replacing them with a Nanobox Duo that's coming this week. It'll provide enough light for anything I choose to put into the tank and they are very attractive to look at.

I have the Nanobox Duo on my list of possibilities. How are you planning to mount it and what is the current wait time to get one built?

I have the Nanobox Duo on my list of possibilities. How are you planning to mount it and what is the current wait time to get one built?

I'm having mine built with a gooseneck but I'll probably switch to a hanging kit next year when I'm able to put the tank underneath a small shelf. It's on my desk at the moment and I can't really hang it from the ceiling. As for the wait time, I think it varies. You'd be better off asking Dave for an ETA before you place your order. I paid for mine on the 20-something of June.

Catching back up. I had a small wait for some orders with Bluefish. Then a delay with moving the shop and house. But back on track. Current lead time is three weeks. I will have a couple units that are not sold up for sale. Blue/Black, Brown/Black and orange/white. All Duos.

-Dave

Catching back up. I had a small wait for some orders with Bluefish. Then a delay with moving the shop and house. But back on track. Current lead time is three weeks. I will have a couple units that are not sold up for sale. Blue/Black, Brown/Black and orange/white. All Duos.

-Dave

Hello Dave. On your colors, is the first color you list the main color and second the accent color? I am trying to get a feel for what I may want to go with on the color scheme of the Duo. Also I would not be able to use your 'legs' mount due to a tight fitting screen top I have installed and the hanging method would not go over with the wife too well, so what other mounting options do you suggest? Thanks for the information!

Hello Dave. On your colors, is the first color you list the main color and second the accent color? I am trying to get a feel for what I may want to go with on the color scheme of the Duo. Also I would not be able to use your 'legs' mount due to a tight fitting screen top I have installed and the hanging method would not go over with the wife too well, so what other mounting options do you suggest? Thanks for the information!

Correct! You can use the gooseneck fitting or hanging kit. All the same price.

-Dave

Archived