Cultivated Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

Ugh...terrible timing. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore. Vacation in the mountains sound fun!

For sure? on the doser - really rely on it ! Ya, the cabin is a wonderful place to relax - would be great to have a portable tank up there ?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks about the doser, so far mine has been flawless though I never test to see if it's accurate. I have a lot of water volume so I guess I can afford some inaccuracies.

picoreef78

There is always something to go wrong. Good luck. I got the Neptune DOS, seems to be spot on, right now I don't need much to keep stable but it has worked for the past 6 weeks flawlessly.

Sk8n Reefer

Sucks about the doser, so far mine has been flawless though I never test to see if it's accurate. I have a lot of water volume so I guess I can afford some inaccuracies.

There is always something to go wrong. Good luck. I got the Neptune DOS, seems to be spot on, right now I don't need much to keep stable but it has worked for the past 6 weeks flawlessly.

ya, I didn't think much about it - I would always hear it dosing every 3 hrs. I also keep the display covered with a towel cause at night it's just to bright in the room. I removed the towel and noticed that the display wasn't working anymore- I tried to reset but nada! There's a new board on the way so hopefully when we get back from the cabin it will be here

Following your thread now, WOW your tank looks great. I noticed that you upgraded your light to a AI Nano, I was considering a AI prime, how do you like it?

Sk8n Reefer

Following your thread now, WOW your tank looks great. I noticed that you upgraded your light to a AI Nano, I was considering a AI prime, how do you like it?

Hey there! Thanks- sorry for the delay been on vacation last week. I like the AI Nano but it's definately not strong enough or have the proper spread for my tank - 2ft. width- which is why I run the stock lighting on the side. The AI Prime would probably work well for your Fusion 10 though. People seem to like the prime from what I've heard - I would buy one if I had a tank that it would fit. I don't know much about it but definately get a controller with it. Thanks for checking my tank out?
Sk8n Reefer

So got back yesterday from a 4 day trip up in the mountains to our cabin. Of coarse, my doser is on the skids but still dosing about half the right amount so atleast it's something. I emailed bubble magus and they hooked me up with their USA dist. -Sea Side Aquatics- that has been great to deal with and sent me out a new board - no questions asked. I received the board today but probably won't get to replacing it till tomorrow or Wednesday. Alk. was down to 4 and Ca. down to 380. My tabling Mille bleached and my dark green Acro is light green and looking bad. I've slowly been manually dosing extra alk. and ca. And have Alk. back to 6 today- should be at 7 tomorrow. ca. Is at 400.

pist off Mille

7b8891e4e706a30092a0c8ba28e4a9da_zpsxgzv

Green Acro losing dark green color

31d4a82f06676bd86a09c5fdae0fb6f0_zpsgdyo

On a good note- we had an awesome vacation. Hiked everyday to some beautiful areas above our cabin. Worked on the cabin a little - not to much ?

Home sweet home!

rUVateL.jpg

yz8DlYA.jpg

Views from above

ZOowzPq.jpg

hjBJ8Qj.jpg

yLyRGfK.jpg

JpTSFKr.jpg

b6YSlhU.jpg

JGTGyq4.jpg

0brZTgO.jpg

The doggies love the cabin- all new smells and they have a good size yard to roam - this is my rock I chill on - they took it over ?

N0YXDS3.jpg

Bella - you wouldn't know it but she's a gentle beast

DnX6BvB.jpg

View from the back

mF3bglJ.jpg

My rock I love to chill on

nuX8UyU.jpg

Got the upstairs master in shape- the fan is being replaced soon ?

bada5b5417c9b950a3a2965843b150cf_zpstqwv

Working on our lower level bath room- we covered it in beetle kill wood which has some great colors in it.

We are working out the plan - horse trough shower in the back and we are trying to figure out this vessel sink with an old wash tub base. Gotta trim the wood base back alittle but should be cool looking when we are done- I say we but my wife is the one who does all the work- I had her the tools ?

46c018b24fd72ff973d1130e61c9d8a8_zpsauzv

The faucet will be lower once it's placed

418ac9ab2b071e5fa10ecbea801a4746_zpsdxp5

311730e9663247527baf022f23dd90ca_zpsh6dd

Fun filled vacation- even got a few sk8 sessions in........it was a fun week off!

40f9767a4d13c735dfee27115ad86207_zps7jws

3695a746ed4daebc7384f8976b3d934c_zps6gie

Wow, looks awesome! Beautiful cabinet and even more beautiful views! :wub:

Sorry about the doser problem. That seemed to happen to me every time I went away last summer. :angry:

Sk8n Reefer

Wow, looks awesome! Beautiful cabinet and even more beautiful views! :wub:

Sorry about the doser problem. That seemed to happen to me every time I went away last summer. :angry:

Thanks , for sure - it went out or I noticed it not working properly just before we left- I think it could have been acting up for a few weeks for the levels to drop that much. Really happy how Sea Side Aquatics handled things. Crazy how long it takes to grow sticks and how quickly they can turn on Ya ? I guess that's part of the draw though

I am loving all your vacation pics!! That cabin is really awesome - I can see why you guys just absolutely love it up there. And the pups look super happy. What a beautiful spot.

I really love what your wife is doing with the vessel sink. What a great idea.

Hey there! Thanks- sorry for the delay been on vacation last week. I like the AI Nano but it's definately not strong enough or have the proper spread for my tank - 2ft. width- which is why I run the stock lighting on the side. The AI Prime would probably work well for your Fusion 10 though. People seem to like the prime from what I've heard - I would buy one if I had a tank that it would fit. I don't know much about it but definately get a controller with it. Thanks for checking my tank out

Thanks for getting back to me, The cabin looks like a great place to chill. I am still undecided on the AI prime, I may want to go to larger tank in the future, if so I would be buying another light. So far I have had fairly good success with the IM 18w LED, I may stay with that until need be.

lilmatty5dimes

Picked up some more Doc's eggs- really like this stuff and the corals tell me its good :)

how are you liking this so far?

is that a vacation house or a weekend getting. lovely view and looks like everyone had a ton of fun. great pics.

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks for getting back to me, The cabin looks like a great place to chill. I am still undecided on the AI prime, I may want to go to larger tank in the future, if so I would be buying another light. So far I have had fairly good success with the IM 18w LED, I may stay with that until need be.

Thanks, yes it is a nice place to chill and only an hr. from our house in Denver. Sounds like a good plan on waiting- we all tend to upgrade for sure. I am almost ready to fill up my new 50gal. Just waiting on my light. I went with one of Dave's nanobox hybrids quad led's and quad T5's- should blast the light over the 50gal. and one more would run a 4ft. Tank when I over run the 50gal. with sps ?

Sk8n Reefer

how are you liking this so far?

is that a vacation house or a weekend getting. lovely view and looks like everyone had a ton of fun. great pics.

I really like the eggs- I feed a large variety so it's hard to tell but it did get good polyp extension when I fed it alone once. I always feed it with multiple foods now- natural ingredients - give it a try- BRS sells it now. The cabin is both a weekend/weekday and vacation home. It's only an hour up the mts. From our Denver home so it's an easy escape.

Sweet cabin!

Thanks man!

Man that cabin looks nice. That's hard to beat. Sorry about doser. Never heard of bubble Magnus doser issues. Guess any product has its flaws though.

Love that piece of art on the wall In bath.

Sk8n Reefer

Looks like you had an awesome vacation! Sucks about the doser though <_<

thanks Jaime, ya we had a great time- the weather was great, not to hot during the day and thunderstorms at night. Thunder is so loud in the mountains. ya, pretty bummed on the doser but the tank is maintaining with manual dosing just not as stable. I haven't been able to change outvthe board yet- been working to late

Man that cabin looks nice. That's hard to beat. Sorry about doser. Never heard of bubble Magnus doser issues. Guess any product has its flaws though.

Love that piece of art on the wall In bath.

thanks! ya we got a great deal on it and had to pull the trigger- we've been fixing it all up! ya, thats a local Denver artist - he does cool stuff. They've been really responsive and got me out a new board asap- no charge no questions ask- gotta respect that. havent been able to replace the board yet- hopefully in a day or two or most likey the weekend

Sick place Sk8. A family friend has a place out in Vail and they want us to come out. Your place close to Vail? If so, know any good fishing streams? I want to do some fishing out west one of these days!

the weather was great, not to hot during the day and thunderstorms at night. Thunder is so loud in the mountains.

What a gorgeous place you have! I can imagine the sound! Would be my dream vacation in the mountains :).

Archived