Top Shelf Aquatics

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Wow...this looks fantastic!!!! I want those cloves and that fluffy pink pocillopora???? Don't really know my SPS names that well :). The pink one in the front :D.

Miss spelled your name ? sorry Gena

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Encrusting Monti- attaching to the rock

imagejpg1_zps11052231.jpg

This little guy just showed up and is starting to take off- not sure what it is- some type of Corallimorph ? Good contrast next to the red coralline.

imagejpg5_zpsba04a0d1.jpg

This little guy just showed up and is starting to take off- not sure what it is- some type of Corallimorph ? Good contrast next to the red coralline.

imagejpg5_zpsba04a0d1.jpg

Looks kinda like a yuma :)

Looks kinda like a yuma :)

Could be! Still a little transparent now-we'll see how it develops- it's a little bigger than the button on a standard dress shirt

Wish my clown would stay still for a shot like this. Great photos! What kind of camera and lens do you use?

Thank you, Ya- I took about 40 pics before I got one that was decent - I have a Nikon D100 with a Macro lens- not sure of the lens - I can get back to you on that.

Tanks lookin good in macro, how about an FTS :)

Here ya go - gotta prune up the Xenia and Clavularia. SPS showing good growth - up'd my water change schedule to 2.5gal. on Wed. And 5 gal. On Sunday

imagejpg1_zpsce883390.jpg

Thanks for the FTS, it looks great man :) Do you have any fish or do they just hate the camera lol

Actually I think I see a starry blenny, right?

Two Picasso clowns who run when I set up- frustrating. Just completed my w/c and scrapped all the Xenia off- it will be back I am sure!ill get dome pics up- looks clean

The sps growth is insane I don't have a tank yet... Kinda ironic since I have over 2k posts but when I get on I want a few peices just to achieve colonies like these. Great work keep pics coming

The sps growth is insane I don't have a tank yet... Kinda ironic since I have over 2k posts but when I get on I want a few peices just to achieve colonies like these. Great work keep pics coming

Thanks! Ya- that's what I am doing trying to keep everyone on a separate rock so they can grow out good - then it's time for an upgrade!

Two Picasso clowns who run when I set up- frustrating. Just completed my w/c and scrapped all the Xenia off- it will be back I am sure!ill get dome pics up- looks clean

Yeah I forgot about the clowns lol

Xenia will definitely be back :wacko:

What an awesome beginning to my vacation

Saturday poured some Crete and finished one side of my backyard skate park

imagejpg1_zpsad95492c.jpg

imagejpg2_zpscb4d341d.jpg

Sunday had a film crew out with high end 4k cameras with 360 audio- we mic'd up and we skated the pool! Super slo mo footy should look cool!

imagejpg2_zpsf5c80110.jpg

Skated hard all day!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

imagejpg3_zpscf1105ac.jpg

Then completed my w/c and removed some Xenia which wasn't to bad- have to get some updated shots of the removal

imagejpg1_zpsd2130607.jpg

Thats bad ass man! Skating was one thing I always wanted to do, yet never could get the hang of it. Probably doesn't help I am 6'5 and not very flexible lol

Ha- ya I've been at it for over 30yrs! Whew! Ya I got a buddy who is 6'6 and ride- but he's broke a ton of bones!

Ha- ya I've been at it for over 30yrs! Whew! Ya I got a buddy who is 6'6 and ride- but he's broke a ton of bones!

If ya have fun... it kinda makes up for it lol I've broken my ankles 5 times playing basketball, wouldn't change it if I could go back ;)

Came back from a 3 day trip to the mts. had my fish feeder working- everyone seems ok- I am sure the coral missed the nightly feedings.

Birdsnest is growing large

imagejpg10_zpse2d0ac4b.jpg

Side view of my Millepora also starting to grow close to other coral

imagejpg4_zps423dc850.jpg

Still can't seem to get a great shot of my green cap but I just love this coral !

imagejpg8_zps5f007e37.jpg

Lookin good man, I love that mille! It looks hungry :)

Ha! Yes it does! Back to the nightly feedings tonight! 1st time the tank was without supervision- only for 3 days- but still had me nervous .

Archived