Pod Your Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

Sure do , here ya go- the purple one is a beast with the 18hp crammed into the frame- a local builder put this one together. The motor came from a Cushman meter maid cart. It's loud as hell ? it's a 1960

4e063a47166a798f4a659e1f2d7d4b7f_zps29b0

This one is stock 9hp 2 speed with a suicide shifter 1959

8f8265a76a37329db9f37c5bc72c66ed_zpscbaa

Colorado.

Cushman? Wown sweet. Those are hard to come by in decent shape.

We have some serious winter this year. So no wheeleeez. Besides my crappy dealer didnt install heated grips and seat. Option I paid for.

1200 is huge bike. I kind of liked the urban size and feel of BMW 60/5.

Got pics of that Cushman?

Do you tour around colorado?
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question about your dragonet. I picked one up from aa last friday and all was well the first two days. He stuck around in the big cave network on the left side of the tank but I could usually find him. For almost two days now, I have had no signs of him. Did yours go into hiding? Granted, my tank is a much larger system then yours , but I am just worried and need reassurance. He seemed to have acclimated really well and started foraging within a few hours and seemed pretty chill. What do you think?

Oh, and if you're ever fragging, let me know! Especially for the dragon scale. ReefEd is coming up in May fyi. Check the masc site for more details! Oh and AA does a 10% discount for MASC members. :)

Sure do , here ya go- the purple one is a beast with the 18hp crammed into the frame- a local builder put this one together. The motor came from a Cushman meter maid cart. It's loud as hell it's a 19604e063a47166a798f4a659e1f2d7d4b7f_zps29b0

This one is stock 9hp 2 speed with a suicide shifter 19598f8265a76a37329db9f37c5bc72c66ed_zpscbaa

Do you tour around colorado?

I was expecting something cool. But this duo blew me away. Simply eye candy. Suicide shifter is epic.

You are my hero.

P.S

Drove around Colorado last year.

Loved it.

Sk8n Reefer

Question about your dragonet. I picked one up from aa last friday and all was well the first two days. He stuck around in the big cave network on the left side of the tank but I could usually find him. For almost two days now, I have had no signs of him. Did yours go into hiding? Granted, my tank is a much larger system then yours , but I am just worried and need reassurance. He seemed to have acclimated really well and started foraging within a few hours and seemed pretty chill. What do you think?

Oh, and if you're ever fragging, let me know! Especially for the dragon scale. ReefEd is coming up in May fyi. Check the masc site for more details! Oh and AA does a 10% discount for MASC members. :)

They tend to constantly be moving at a slow pace but moving. Have you check in the back - it will stay where the pods are but will go all over the tank many times a day. 2 days is a long time with no sign ! Sorry- not the reassurance you were wanting. ReefEd- forgot about that one! Ya, I am stoked on the dragon scale- hopefully it will take off.

I was expecting something cool. But this duo blew me away. Simply eye candy. Suicide shifter is epic.

You are my hero. P.S

Drove around Colorado last year.

Loved it.

Hahaha! Thanks man- ya they look like mini Harley's or Indians - definately turn heads on the road. Colorado is a sweet place for summer drives for sure ?

They tend to constantly be moving at a slow pace but moving. Have you check in the back - it will stay where the pods are but will go all over the tank many times a day. 2 days is a long time with no sign ! Sorry- not the reassurance you were wanting. ReefEd- forgot about that one! Ya, I am stoked on the dragon scale- hopefully it will take off.

Hahaha! Thanks man- ya they look like mini Harley's or Indians - definately turn heads on the road. Colorado is a sweet place for summer drives for sure

:( Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I guess it's back to the original plan of Mandys but I'm not planning on getting them until May, so maybe he'll show up between now and then...

Sk8n Reefer

:( Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I guess it's back to the original plan of Mandys but I'm not planning on getting them until May, so maybe he'll show up between now and then...

Have other fish disappeared? Wonder what happened? How is your pod population - Aquatic Arts sells live pods too

Have other fish disappeared? Wonder what happened? How is your pod population - Aquatic Arts sells live pods too

No, I had one YWG die. But he was just shipped (Blue Zoo) and swam in the return pump stream for almost 24 hrs so we think he died from stress and stupidity. We have a large pod population and bought some more the day we bought him because could. There is a tiger pistol shrimp that lives in the same area, but I don't think he would have done anything. He stays pretty hidden. I've seen him twice since I got him. He's not even an inch long so I doubt he had anything to do with it. My other fish didn't even notice there was a new fish because they are all open swimmers except for the clowns who are divorced and host on either side of the overflow box.

They tend to constantly be moving at a slow pace but moving. Have you check in the back - it will stay where the pods are but will go all over the tank many times a day. 2 days is a long time with no sign ! Sorry- not the reassurance you were wanting. ReefEd- forgot about that one! Ya, I am stoked on the dragon scale- hopefully it will take off. Hahaha! Thanks man- ya they look like mini Harley's or Indians - definately turn heads on the road. Colorado is a sweet place for summer drives for sure

I am sure they turn heads. I haven't seen one like it in a very, very long time. Forget ONE. You got two. Red is my cup of tea. Totally dig that.

Surely cost ya a pretty penny. But worth it IMHO

Sk8n Reefer

No, I had one YWG die. But he was just shipped (Blue Zoo) and swam in the return pump stream for almost 24 hrs so we think he died from stress and stupidity. We have a large pod population and bought some more the day we bought him because could. There is a tiger pistol shrimp that lives in the same area, but I don't think he would have done anything. He stays pretty hidden. I've seen him twice since I got him. He's not even an inch long so I doubt he had anything to do with it. My other fish didn't even notice there was a new fish because they are all open swimmers except for the clowns who are divorced and host on either side of the overflow box.

Maybe the pistol? Sorry- always stinks to lose a fish ?

Sk8n Reefer

I am sure they turn heads. I haven't seen one like it in a very, very long time. Forget ONE. You got two. Red is my cup of tea. Totally dig that.

Surely cost ya a pretty penny. But worth it IMHO

There not to bad.........I am actually thinking about selling the red one- with the 9hp it only goes about 40mph so I never seem to ride it much. Should be able to get 4-5k for it. I am trying to get the wife used to it but the shifter makes it difficult for her.

There not to bad.........I am actually thinking about selling the red one- with the 9hp it only goes about 40mph so I never seem to ride it much. Should be able to get 4-5k for it. I am trying to get the wife used to it but the shifter makes it difficult for her.

Dude....... if you wait till end of summer. I WOULD BUY IT OF YOU!!!!!

Sk8n Reefer

Dude....... if you wait till end of summer. I WOULD BUY IT OF YOU!!!!!

Hmmm. Maybe we could work a deal- there are carb packages that will add a good 10mph to it and an electric start option too. I'll keep Ya posted.

Hmmm. Maybe we could work a deal- there are carb packages that will add a good 10mph to it and an electric start option too. I'll keep Ya posted.

Even better. I probably wouldn't ride much on it. Perhaps I could suspended it from the ceiling in my living room or use it on special occasion or meets. Yep, keep me posted.

P.S

I would have to ask at work if we make runs to west cost. If so, freight wouldn't cost me a thing.

.........by the way. Brought new fish and sexy for my pest tank. Also transferred few shrooms from my main tank to it.

Sorry kinda late..... Dude those were some sweet pic ups! I really like the Dragon Scale its stunning as a colony... as you will find out in a month or two I'm sure w/ your growth rates :lol: I look forward to watching them all grow out in your new killer scape! Like someone else said, it looks like its been that way from the start, great job for sure!

Those little cushmans are bad ass man! Although I know I couldn't handle only being able to go 40mph on the red one :wacko:

Very cool bikes! I am hoping my hubby and I can do a motorcycle roadtrip thru Colorado to 4 corners this summer. That will add 4 new states we haven't been in yet.

O yeah, great job on the new scape!

Sk8n Reefer

Even better. I probably wouldn't ride much on it. Perhaps I could suspended it from the ceiling in my living room or use it on special occasion or meets. Yep, keep me posted.

P.S

I would have to ask at work if we make runs to west cost. If so, freight wouldn't cost me a thing.

.........by the way. Brought new fish and sexy for my pest tank. Also transferred few shrooms from my main tank to it.

Ya- it looks good just sitting there for sure- unusual for a Cushman with the chrome. Post a pic of the tank? what fish did you get

Sorry kinda late..... Dude those were some sweet pic ups! I really like the Dragon Scale its stunning as a colony... as you will find out in a month or two I'm sure w/ your growth rates :lol: I look forward to watching them all grow out in your new killer scape! Like someone else said, it looks like its been that way from the start, great job for sure!

Those little cushmans are bad ass man! Although I know I couldn't handle only being able to go 40mph on the red one :wacko:

Thanks man, I am digging the new pieces and scape for sure. Ya the red one is an around town cruiser but the purple goes about 75mph which seems like over 100mph on those small tires!

Keep up the stellar work broseph!! ???

Ha! Thanks Monk ?

Very cool bikes! I am hoping my hubby and I can do a motorcycle roadtrip thru Colorado to 4 corners this summer. That will add 4 new states we haven't been in yet.

O yeah, great job on the new scape!

Thanks vlangel! Appreciate it! That sounds like a fun trip- cruising over the mountains is a blast . Stopping off in a little mountain town for lunch works perfect.

We have been tied down caring for my husband's mother so we have not done a big motorcycle roadtrip since 2010. That mountain lunch is sounding pretty nice!

Sk8n Reefer

Snapped a few shots tonight

Our Tailspot just loves caps- hangs out in the green and sleeps in the idaho grape

fc1148baae40db3cd5141a96a0a6adc6_zps6e6a

Ruby red constantly on the hunt- added more pods last weekend but he is still eating pellets but not as easily as I would like

8588f9bd860bfa09cd7477dc2e1707b5_zps80a3

Seasons greetings is more visible now with the new scape and is growing into a nice piece

edfa853437d78886dca019ed53f145d5_zps9c8e

Spongnode glued down now gotta keep fragging the green Pocillopora behind him

c7624df1ed1b67479004d23ed19cc53d_zpsbf81

Finally got a decent pic of my Ponape Birdsnest and its pink tips

eea7a65f4ccbad173a25d69c40c1cfba_zps76d9

Ya- it looks good just sitting there for sure- unusual for a Cushman with the chrome. Post a pic of the tank? what fish did you get

Thanks man, I am digging the new pieces and scape for sure. Ya the red one is an around town cruiser but the purple goes about 75mph which seems like over 100mph on those small tires!

Ha! Thanks Monk ?

Thanks vlangel! Appreciate it! That sounds like a fun trip- cruising over the mountains is a blast . Stopping off in a little mountain town for lunch works perfect.

I am at work right now but it looks like this:

746190B.jpg

Cool- is that a type of goby or maybe a blenny?

My favorite fish species.

They fall in peppermint/eviota goby category. But that's very general.

These particular gobies very in size between 1/4-1 1/4inch. My is about, or slightly smaller then sexy shrimp.

I am still trying to identify mine. There are tinny differences between species and it is easy to get it wrong.

LFS sells them as dwarf gobies..... lol so lame.

Snapped a few shots tonight

Our Tailspot just loves caps- hangs out in the green and sleeps in the idaho grape

fc1148baae40db3cd5141a96a0a6adc6_zps6e6a

awesome shot :wub:.

Caribbean Fish : Peppermint Goby Identification:

Oh my gosh! I've not heard of these guys. I'm surprised someplace like KPA doesn't stock them. I would love to add

them to my tanks. I'm always on the hunt for a new goby...they are my favorite!!! Thanks for sharing that video!!!

Archived