Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is your Shit Box light? Don't tell me the POS broke already :)!

Ya, that's just my Nuvo! Hybrid is over the 50g. Hahaha! You nailed it............fans/ transitors are down- totally bummed on it. ?I can only run it at 45%. I've run the T5's for about 4hrs. a day. Transfers on hold until I can replace the fans..............supposed to be getting some. I am not the most electronically inclined so I hope replacing them isn't a huge deal............I am sure it will . I travel for the next two weeks so I was hoping I would get the fans this week but doubt if I'll have time to tear the unit apart if they don't come till the weekend

Hahaha! You nailed it............fans/ transitors are down- totally bummed on it. I can only run it at 45%. I've run the T5's for about 4hrs. a day. Transfers on hold until I can replace the fans..............supposed to be getting some. I am not the most electronically inclined so I hope replacing them isn't a huge deal............I am sure it will . I travel for the next two weeks so I was hoping I would get the fans this week but doubt if I'll have time to tear the unit apart if they don't come till the weekend

Well that sucks isn't this light only a few months old? I know plenty of people that have had problems with the fans and shitty customer service. You would think for over a grand they would be a little more quality or better customer service. I feel the lights are ####ing junk for the price. None of the fan boys will say anything bad about the lights because they are scared of being flamed. But I say #### em call it how you see it. Hope you get it fixed soon maybe if you had a vag you could get to your door repair :) sorry for the rant but I call it how I see it. Happy Thanksgiving and I enjoyed your pictures :flower:

Well that sucks isn't this light only a few months old? I know plenty of people that have had problems with the fans and shitty customer service. You would think for over a grand they would be a little more quality or better customer service. I feel the lights are ####### junk for the price. None of the fan boys will say anything bad about the lights because they are scared of being flamed. But I say #### em call it how you see it. Hope you get it fixed soon maybe if you had a vag you could get to your door repair :) sorry for the rant but I call it how I see it. Happy Thanksgiving and I enjoyed your pictures :flower:

No worries on the rant- I can appreciate it. I've actually only had the light up for a month maybe- once I hung the unit and I noticed that one of the fans was scraping on a nut. Got the Bluefish up(which can be a challenge) and then started adjusting the light but never was able to get the fans to turn on. I've struggled through this whole process with customer service - not what I expected. Days or longer can go by without any communication and it seems to take multiple emails to get a response. I am hoping Dave makes this right - I do like the light (not the controller) but from the beginning it hasn't gone smooth. As I said, fans didn't come in this week so with my travel schedule things are on hold again - totally frustrating. Thanks Lawn and happy thanksgiving to you too!

That sponge has the prettiest blue eyes :lol:Happy Thanksgiving to you :).and I want some of that snow!

Thanks Gena ? snowing again today.......good day to get a fire going and chill

What is that crazy sponge thing that moves around your tank? Any ideas yet? That photo is hilarious

Some type of sponge - Kat thought a bivalve attached. It is cool- it's been with me from the beginning

Season greeting is making a major comeback- green coming back at a quick rate- same with my red encrusting Monti. Stoked on that - I want to transfer them both over to the 50g

cc5c80f63886598755a5461a0dc59e2c_zpsm3nr

249a0b184a0ba5d7bf1ae3bf2d4da217_zps6rs4

Had about 10 deer around the other morning. One large buck and a small one and a bunch of doe- they walk right around the pool

016168a8e981bdfd92752583f07465f4_zps3zwg

and chill in the shade

4941680a37661bf0cc21f87faee1c02c_zpsy6l3

BANG!

No worries on the rant- I can appreciate it. I've actually only had the light up for a month maybe- once I hung the unit and I noticed that one of the fans was scraping on a nut. Got the Bluefish up(which can be a challenge) and then started adjusting the light but never was able to get the fans to turn on. I've struggled through this whole process with customer service - not what I expected. Days or longer can go by without any communication and it seems to take multiple emails to get a response. I am hoping Dave makes this right - I do like the light (not the controller) but from the beginning it hasn't gone smooth. As I said, fans didn't come in this week so with my travel schedule things are on hold again - totally frustrating. Thanks Lawn and happy thanksgiving to you too!

Send that NB back and get an ATI hybrid. MUCH better light. Or just get an ATI T5. For the price the NB line looks unfinished. Sloppy wiring. Sloppy paint. Terrible fitting mount. Seems like issues are rampant too with quality control and the controller. For the money those bitches should come in PERFECT condition.

Well that sucks isn't this light only a few months old? I know plenty of people that have had problems with the fans and shitty customer service. You would think for over a grand they would be a little more quality or better customer service. I feel the lights are ####### junk for the price. None of the fan boys will say anything bad about the lights because they are scared of being flamed. But I say #### em call it how you see it. Hope you get it fixed soon maybe if you had a vag you could get to your door repair :) sorry for the rant but I call it how I see it. Happy Thanksgiving and I enjoyed your pictures :flower:

I love you Lawn. The original Duos and Hyrbids did not have fan issues. The issue was the 48v and 9v power supplies that looked nearly the same. Even when stamping an "F" by the plug it, some did plug the 48v causing the fan to be destroyed. As the person that makes it, it seems simple. But after finding people do this far to often ( my design being flawed ) I have now updated it with a single plug design. People like yourself keep me pushing and wanting to do better. Am I perfect, no. But will continue to learn and listen. I would do the exact same thing for Sk8n Reefer if I was in CO for a trip. I have done this numerous times where I can piggy back a few hours to drop in on a customer, update or help with an issue ( or just drink a beer with them ). If this were Feb and Reefstock was going on, I would be there in a heart beat.

Scott, dropped you a email/PM. Again things have been a mess on my side which should not effect you. I would be willing to swap out the unit for an ATI with NBR LEDs or NBR Hybrid if you want with new driver board ( Even control the ATI fans ). The package was overnighted to you with the fans and terminal.

-Dave

My fan on my NB mini died. Dave sent out a new one but I would have been screwed if I didn't have my husband to solder the new one in for me. I've heard of quite a few people with the minis that had their fans die. I think that's what Lawn is referring to when he mentions the fans.

I love you Lawn. The original Duos and Hyrbids did not have fan issues. The issue was the 48v and 9v power supplies that looked nearly the same. Even when stamping an "F" by the plug it, some did plug the 48v causing the fan to be destroyed. As the person that makes it, it seems simple. But after finding people do this far to often ( my design being flawed ) I have now updated it with a single plug design. People like yourself keep me pushing and wanting to do better. Am I perfect, no. But will continue to learn and listen. I would do the exact same thing for Sk8n Reefer if I was in CO for a trip. I have done this numerous times where I can piggy back a few hours to drop in on a customer, update or help with an issue ( or just drink a beer with them ). If this were Feb and Reefstock was going on, I would be there in a heart beat.

Scott, dropped you a email/PM. Again things have been a mess on my side which should not effect you. I would be willing to swap out the unit for an ATI with NBR LEDs or NBR Hybrid if you want with new driver board ( Even control the ATI fans ). The package was overnighted to you with the fans and terminal.

-Dave

Dave, thank you for the reply. This has been a frustrating situation for me and I know your aware and we have had multiple email exchanges about the light arriving much later than its due date, missing screws and now the fans not working. We can discuss this in length through email or a call but I am frustrated with the customer service part. I do like the look of your hybrid better than the ATI units. I feel your hybrid will grow SPS coral and I would like to accept your offer of sending me another NBR hybrid unit with the new driver board and control for the fans. Would you be able to change the top plates to bamboo- that was also not available when I bought my light unit.

The fans did arrive today in the mail but I would not be comfortable replace them myself if any soldering is involved. Also one fan unit is scraping a screw head underneath so I am not sure what is going on there. Especially with the money I spent for this light - I appreciate your offer. Will the new light have the same hanging kit? If not I would need a new one.

I am traveling Monday- Friday for the next two weeks so let me know when a new unit would arrive- during the week is fine. I can swap them out on a weekend and then my wife can send the old unit back the following Monday.

Got a few emails from Dave and we are moving forward with a new light complete with new top and upgrade. I appreciate everyone's help and support. Thank you Dave for making this right for me and the offer for a new light. I am excited for the light and to get the 50gal. into shape.

Fun day today - worked on the tanks and went to my favorite lfs. Picked up a Sicce .5 for my phosban reactor. They have some really nice acros but I held off- unbelievable display of control ?. Couldn't put a new Acro in and take off for the week?.

Found a little brittle star setting up shop in my Idaho grape that has grown up to the glass

wjrHp65.jpg

Fed him some flake

3L0rev0.jpg

mJMS0z3.jpg

Pink stylo - heading to the 50g soon

PyAiIts.jpg

Pocillopora

rPsJaSq.jpg

Some shrooms

jAXHwks.jpg

cJ8yuNB.jpg

Love this photo - lots going on. Large sponge,shrooms, buff ball, and little yellow sponge living in the shadows

n5WTGxi.jpg

A little ball anenome - there are a bunch throughout the tank

egKydzr.jpg

When I had it vertical, I could not go above 30% on the constant speed. I mean, I could but I would end up with sand slowly moving into piles after a few days. My tank dimension are 24" wide x 20" deep x 24" height.

So I hooked up my Gyre last night- place it vertically on the right back wall about 3 inches below the waterline and about 4" from the corner. I can get it up to 70% before the sand starts to move around. Gonna play with it today. I just have it on constant at 40% now- that's got some really good water movement- at 70% it was some intense water movement. I think I am gonna like this pump?

Fun day today - worked on the tanks and went to my favorite lfs. Picked up a Sicce .5 for my phosban reactor. They have some really nice acros but I held off- unbelievable display of control . Couldn't put a new Acro in and take off for the week.

Found a little brittle star setting up shop in my Idaho grape that has grown up to the glass

wjrHp65.jpg

Fed him some flake

3L0rev0.jpg

mJMS0z3.jpg

Pink stylo - heading to the 50g soon

PyAiIts.jpg

Pocillopora

rPsJaSq.jpg

Some shrooms

jAXHwks.jpg

cJ8yuNB.jpg

Love this photo - lots going on. Large sponge,shrooms, buff ball, and little yellow sponge living in the shadows

n5WTGxi.jpg

A little ball anenome - there are a bunch throughout the tank

egKydzr.jpg

That star is so cool! I love the little home he made for himself.

That star is so cool! I love the little home he made for himself.

Ya I had one in the front of my tank a while back- it was puffy and growing really well........when I rescaped though I lost track of him?

There are many in the tank now but in difficult locations to get a pic

Got a few emails from Dave and we are moving forward with a new light complete with new top and upgrade. I appreciate everyone's help and support. Thank you Dave for making this right for me and the offer for a new light. I am excited for the light and to get the 50gal. into shape.

A new hybrid? Does that mean one plug? Sounds cool.

A new hybrid? Does that mean one plug? Sounds cool.

Not sure- maybe one for LED' and one for T5's - not sure about the bluefish controller

Archived