Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Ok ! Spent about 5hrs. Moving everyone around again- ended up turning my Digitata ?sideways and it opens up everything- was able to move my green Cap below everyone and allow it room to grow and moved my bubblegum Milli into an area of better flow. Here's how things ended up - never looks that much different ......but it is. Still got a few rocks on the side that I am gonna move to the filter area to get them off the stacked sides - clowns all freaked out and staying out of sight

imagejpg8_zps5dc0ba0e.jpg

imagejpg1_zps67c7102a.jpg

Top view

imagejpg7_zpse6529edd.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only casualty was my new Poci frag- I had it in the sand bed one more night next to a new Milli -waiting to be placed and during the night a hermit must of knocked over my Milli and it burned one of its branches?. I knew I should of glued them into place sooner- oh well - I will get em back healthy in no time- I cked the tank at midnight and 2:00am before I went to bed- at 7:00am the Milli was tipped over burning him

Here's the damage - poor little fella

imagejpg13_zpsc1ba0013.jpg

imagejpg11_zpsb1b450c0.jpg

It might not seem like it looks that different but I like the new scape/ little changes looks really good man. IMO, sometimes the smallest changes can make a big difference ;)

You mind as well leave the rocks that are stacked on the side, looks like your gonna need the extra coral room soon anyways lol

It might not seem like it looks that different but I like the new scape/ little changes looks really good man. IMO, sometimes the smallest changes can make a big difference ;)

You mind as well leave the rocks that are stacked on the side, looks like your gonna need the extra coral room soon anyways lol

Thanks man- ya opened it up just enough to keep good water flow........super stoked to have everyone in place again?

My red encrusting Monti from MACNA - tough placement in the back of the tank to get a good shot- it has grown onto the rock now?

imagejpg1_zps51075196.jpg

Hermit pissing corals off all day long- I like the air bubble

imagejpg1_zps6607ce43.jpg

I kinda miss my hermits, they were pretty funny to watch sometimes..... but yeah definitely liked to crawl all over stuff and tick it off, so not to sure I am missin em enough to add any lol

I kinda miss my hermits, they were pretty funny to watch sometimes..... but yeah definitely liked to crawl all over stuff and tick it off, so not to sure I am missin em enough to add any lol

They are a pain but they have done a good job keeping my algae in ck for the most part- they were my only clean up crew up to a few months ago when I let a couple Stomatella snails came in on a frag - now I have a bunch and the hermits are keeping them in ck too

I agree they always seemed to be hard workers and can get in little spots snails just cant. I dunno bout havin them in with the lps tho, my luck I'd get some rouge flesh rippers..... I guess thats what sumps are for huh? lol

Some shots from last night- got a decent one of our male picasso

imagejpg1_zps7633ed7b.jpg

Purple Stylo and Idaho Grape- grape is in a temp. position

imagejpg2_zps8d4f895e.jpg

Picked up another coral yesterday- thought I'd change it up and try a Monti? setosa was calling my name- my lfs rarely gets them from one of his tanks- really like how spaced out the polyps are and the vivid color

Thanks Chris for the words of wisdom - remove coral from the plug- luckily it was not encrusting yet! Popped right off!

imagejpg4_zpscf446ee8.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsdc05ee20.jpg

imagejpg3_zps8973d47c.jpg

Tiki room where the tank is- funny we have a couch and comfy chair but all I ever sit on is the stepping stool with my magnifying glass? doggies prefer the couch?

imagejpg3_zpscbb8d27e.jpg

imagejpg1_zps6aa90e80.jpg

Tiki room where the tank is- funny we have a couch and comfy chair but all I ever sit on is the stepping stool with my magnifying glassdoggies prefer the couch

imagejpg3_zpscbb8d27e.jpg

THat's awesome. I would totally be on the step stool with a magnifying glass too. I hardly ever watch tv anymore!

THat's awesome. I would totally be on the step stool with a magnifying glass too. I hardly ever watch tv anymore!

Ha- that's funny- were all the same to some degree- we tend to put music on these days and ck out the tank- "my shows" just aren't important anymore- too much happening inside the tank!

Room looks great.... I notice you have a couple blue marlin on the walls, did you catch them yourself?? :)

Ha- that's funny- were all the same to some degree- we tend to put music on these days and ck out the tank- "my shows" just aren't important anymore- too much happening inside the tank!

Definitely! I forgot I even had shows years ago LOL

Room looks great.... I notice you have a couple blue marlin on the walls, did you catch them yourself?? :)

Definitely! I forgot I even had shows years ago LOL

Thanks! Estate sale finds! - the big one over the fire place-$10- I'll take that! ?

Archived