Pod Your Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Freaking awesome those sps are getting crazy growth whatever your doing don't stop.

Thank you- I think it's a combination of good quality tank raised colonies that were fragged and I am utilizing the same water/ salt that they came from. I am religiously performing 5 gallon water changes a week . Appreciate your post!

What is this big greenish blue colony has it been growing really fast for you do you have a pic of when you added it? It's rather stunning and I'd like one for my tank when I set it up.post-79083-0-97134700-1409159062_thumb.jpg

What is this big greenish blue colony has it been growing really fast for you do you have a pic of when you added it? It's rather stunning and I'd like one for my tank when I set it up.attachicon.gif http://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=142307]image.jpg[/url]

That's a Birdsnest monti- the original piece is shown on my growth pics ( 2nd group top and bottom) above the cap growth pic. Not the most recognizable - it was quite small with only about 6 branches. Those growth picture are even outdated now as things are really taking off

Oh okay cool thanks i love birds nest anyways my first thought was pocci lipoma but it isn't thick enough branch. My fave lfs never has good sps ugh

Clowns are such photo bombers!

imagejpg3_zps8ffd88c9.jpg

Can't seem to get a good pic of my Monti Cap! This photo doesn't do it justice

imagejpg4_zps81c589de.jpg

Encrusting Monti

imagejpg1_zpsb5a04d84.jpg

And finally some Zoos

imagejpg2_zps57c44df6.jpg

Looking good man. I wish I was at MACNA! Do you use any supplements on this tank?

MACNA was awesome- got 4 frags - all encrusting Mont. just love them ! Been rearranging tonight trying to fit it all in and still keep everybody on their own rock . Everyone's pissed off right now! I've been only adding Acropower 3ml a week and a solid 5 gal. Water change every week. It's time to start dosing I think- I'll ck parameters tomorrow - gonna step up my water changes until I get the doser . I should have some new pics up soon- added some nice color with the monti's

Here's a few pics of a the Monti's after initially placing them in the aquarium after the dip.

The red color on this one is beautiful

imagejpg1_zps122c3a43.jpg

The green polyps of this Monti have some great contrast to the body - caught the eye of a hermit imagejpg2_zpsfd70fc2a.jpg

This one has a great shape to it - the green polyps are stunning.

imagejpg5_zps7d86e996.jpg

My Idaho Grape was really pissed off- keeps slimming- couldn't get a good picture of it.

imagejpg4_zps39cf38d2.jpg

Very nice!

I've been looking for a stand and I like the one you got from Ikea. I think I found it on their website but it says it's rated for only:

Max load/shelf: 29 lb
Max. load/wall cabinet: 44 lb 1 oz

It is pretty strong? I figure the tank is probably 150 lbs or so.

Thanks

Very nice!

I've been looking for a stand and I like the one you got from Ikea. I think I found it on their website but it says it's rated for only:

Max load/shelf: 29 lb

Max. load/wall cabinet: 44 lb 1 oz

It is pretty strong? I figure the tank is probably 150 lbs or so.

Thanks

I think I checked that also to make sure it will hold everything- I am pretty sure it was over my weight allowed from the tank- I don't think I would of purchased it if it only supported that much. Either way - yes it is strong- very nice stand- I bought he added drawers for it. I keep my ATO (3.5gal.)water container in one of the baskets on the shelf to hide it. Make sure your getting the right one- ikea has a ton of different ones.

Thank you! My 1st attempt at a Nano- lots of different challenges as compared to a larger tank for sure! I am enjoying how a small 5 gal. Water change can really make a positive change to the tank. Just got a ' real' camera - still figuring out the right settings but thank you!

Having come from a 50g over six years ago, these little nanos are relatively effortless in regards to WCs, Cal and Alk, electric bill...just about everything :)

Looks like you are on your way with the SPS and good growth B)

Having come from a 50g over six years ago, these little nanos are relatively effortless in regards to WCs, Cal and Alk, electric bill...just about everything :)

Looks like you are on your way with the SPS and good growth B)

Thank you- yes the growth has been exciting. Ya, I came from 100gallon tanks- now a 5 gallon water change makes a huge difference -awesome! I am getting a little tight on realestate - time to sit back and watch the grow out- but I keep eyeballing an 80 cube- probably have a good year though not in a hurry- as you said- enjoying the ease of the Nano! Thanks for checking things out!

I think I checked that also to make sure it will hold everything- I am pretty sure it was over my weight allowed from the tank- I don't think I would of purchased it if it only supported that much. Either way - yes it is strong- very nice stand- I bought he added drawers for it. I keep my ATO (3.5gal.)water container in one of the baskets on the shelf to hide it. Make sure your getting the right one- ikea has a ton of different ones.

This is the one, right? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40275813/

Close but no- mine cost 150.00 from ikea- might be larger or made from a different material- looks very similar - I have a different finish - I was sure I looked at the weight limit and was happy with it, but that's a major price difference . It states must be attached to the wall or mount on wall or floor- ours isn't able to attached to a wall- totally different unit. I would pass on that one- the water weight alone is almost 3 times over it's rated weight for my Nuvo. If your tank alone is 150lbs. - not a chance!

FTS

imagejpg1_zps7210ec82.jpg

Wow...this looks fantastic!!!! I want those cloves and that fluffy pink pocillopora???? Don't really know my SPS names that well :). The pink one in the front :D.

Wow...this looks fantastic!!!! I want those cloves and that fluffy pink pocillopora???? Don't really know my SPS names that well :). The pink one in the front :D.

Thanks Gina, you can have the cloves- I prune them back regularly and bring them in to the fish store . They grow crazy like Xenia . The pink coral is a Stylophora- it is starting to branch out nicely. Thanks for checking things out?

Archived