Cultivated Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Broken ribs? Yuck! Hope you recover quickly :flower:

Thanks! Ya, slammed a good one skatin and put my elbow into my ribs- 2 weeks into it so their still pretty tender?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking through some Aqua scapinging- might try something different for me- I would like some elevated rock coming toward the front to show some depth- the arms a little long right now- nothing's glued so it's all adjustable. I don't think I am gonna cut holes and make the water pass through and around - seems like a perfect place for a bristle worm to grow huge and undetected-I'll keep in all enclosed.

f20daaf7fa6107774b2499265aba2873_zpswfxl

b9cb174b255104d0e88fdfac30d44cfe_zps4fv3

Might be cool if you could get an overhang that deep. Maybe you could do some NPS corals under it.

Ya something to give it some dimension and have some tabling Acro off both sides

Alright! Cleaned out the old RODI unit and replaced filters and Di - ready to roll making some water! 0.00. Across the board ?

6c6240dee45420dc7e898ee3ffbaeaa4_zpsd8a1

:happydance: Fill that sucker up! :happydance:

Yes sir! The water making factory is in full swing again this morning!

so in love with the poci ive never kept it but i just like the structural shape of it and how fluffy it is.

It is a cool looking coral and has great movement in the water with its polyps-.very aggressive coral though- attacks all its neighbors and packs a punch ?

The tank is looking awesome as usual! I hope your ribs feel better soon. Ouch! :flower:

Thank you TigerLily! Ribs are doing better but sore- just playing the waiting game- should be back to normal in another month or so- broke some last year also and about a dozen over the last 40yrs ?. I am really good at falling on my skateboard?

Rodi is fired up again this morning. Need to make about 50gal. for the tank and another 15gal. For my mixing station. Gonna look into some larger water storage containers ?

Marc.The.Shark

Broken ribs!? That sucks. I came into the world a few years b4 the skate board craze really took off, thank goodness! Lol. My 1st board had steel wheels! Lol. Those hard, flat, plastic pieces of crap that snagged a rock & sent you off the front ass over teakettle! A few times of that happening & my career was ova!!! Ha.

Save yourself some work & just drop the 16 right inside the 50 and fill 'er up! Let's see what the coral do then?! Might be Rad! (Do you skatin types still use that word? Hahaha). Seriously, lookin good tho.

Broken ribs!? That sucks. I came into the world a few years b4 the skate board craze really took off, thank goodness! Lol. My 1st board had steel wheels! Lol. Those hard, flat, plastic pieces of crap that snagged a rock & sent you off the front ass over teakettle! A few times of that happening & my career was ova!!! Ha.

Save yourself some work & just drop the 16 right inside the 50 and fill 'er up! Let's see what the coral do then?! Might be Rad! (Do you skatin types still use that word? Hahaha). Seriously, lookin good tho.

That's awesome your an old school skater- I am also- not quite that period but right after with plastic banana boards with open bearings and hard urethane! It's crazy what it's become. Yes- we still say rad!

My little playground!

40f9767a4d13c735dfee27115ad86207_zps7jws

Trying to hang onto the 16 and just let it ride and see if the wife will want to keep it up ?. Transfer a few pieces and trade some in. It could easily stay as a species tank- all Pocillopora's ?

Marc.The.Shark

Yeah, I had a yellow banana board too! Lol. As I remember those things were pretty bendy in the middle & the "Husky" kids almost drug the ground! I can still remember my 1st fiberglass board with the lip in the back, thought I was hot shit! DIY'd one of those chrome battery operated bike horns under the bottom & mounted the button on top so I could press it with my foot! Lol. That didn't last long....

Oh man, that brings back memories of my first fiberglass board, too! We were cutting edge back then :lol:

If I tried to skate now I'd kill myself in about 2.5 seconds. Hats off to you, Sk8n :bowdown:

Marc.The.Shark

If I tried to skate now I'd kill myself in about 2.5 seconds. Hats off to you, Sk8n :bowdown:

Me too Teeny! I moved on to stuff with motors and never looked back!! I envied the kids that could do all the tricks with the boards tho! Busted my tailbone a few times trying that crap & that was it, career over!! Lol. What was it when you walked the board back & forth with feet on either end, the Tic-Tac or something? Lol, hell I couldn't even master that!!

Yeah, I had a yellow banana board too! Lol. As I remember those things were pretty bendy in the middle & the "Husky" kids almost drug the ground! I can still remember my 1st fiberglass board with the lip in the back, thought I was hot shit! DIY'd one of those chrome battery operated bike horns under the bottom & mounted the button on top so I could press it with my foot! Lol. That didn't last long....

Nice! Detroit had some good cement skateparks in the 70/80's

Oh man, that brings back memories of my first fiberglass board, too! We were cutting edge back then :lol:

Awesome- bunch of skaters on here ? some of those old boards are worth some money these days!

Me too Teeny! I moved on to stuff with motors and never looked back!! I envied the kids that could do all the tricks with the boards tho! Busted my tailbone a few times trying that crap & that was it, career over!! Lol. What was it when you walked the board back & forth with feet on either end, the Tic-Tac or something? Lol, hell I couldn't even master that!!

That's awesome- yes a tic tak- funny - I haven't heard that in a long time ?

Love the last FTS, full house indeed. Broken rib ... good grief.

Thanks Mark, yes everyone is growing around each other- but there's a bunch of war games going on- mostly the Poci's attacking everyone?. Ya, ribs hurt for awhile - sleeping sucks

Poci's are that aggressive, eh? I've been lusting after some after seeing how great yours look, but my tank is too small for that kind of stuff. Pacifist corals only!

Poci's are that aggressive, eh? I've been lusting after some after seeing how great yours look, but my tank is too small for that kind of stuff. Pacifist corals only!

Yes they are! They grow well but then bully everyone around- maybe start with a really small frag and keep it by itself.........or maybe your hinting at the need for an upgrade ?

Polarcollision

That's awesome your an old school skater- I am also- not quite that period but right after with plastic banana boards with open bearings and hard urethane! It's crazy what it's become. Yes- we still say rad!

My little playground!

40f9767a4d13c735dfee27115ad86207_zps7jws

Trying to hang onto the 16 and just let it ride and see if the wife will want to keep it up . Transfer a few pieces and trade some in. It could easily stay as a species tank- all Pocillopora's

Is this your back yard? My skating career went as far as sitting on my butt, flying down a hill. Didn't crash, but when my btrother knocked out his front teeth, I decided standing up on a board wasn't for me!

Just got back into town after being gone for work for 6 days- whew! Good to be home. The tank sure looks different when you don't see it for awhile. My wife kept the feeding schedule but I am behind on my w/c's. Things are still growing and finding room around each other somehow.

Some quick ipad shots!

d6083a1d4fa80d95167b865ba82ebe87_zps6ff6

d0edff75c447d542b9dc4c21a5994119_zpsdufw

absolutely beautiful. Quoting them to the next page. :-)

Is this your back yard? My skating career went as far as sitting on my butt, flying down a hill. Didn't crash, but when my btrother knocked out his front teeth, I decided standing up on a board wasn't for me!

absolutely beautiful. Quoting them to the next page. :-)

Hey there- thanks for stopping by. Yes that's my backyard creation- I learned to finish concrete and now me and my buddies can handle a full truck so it's getting out of control ? working on another section to pour hopefully before winter - working a little close to the edge?. Everyone has a skateboard story or two- that's awesome!

ea83ff23ebff8f80fc6b56d14ae63174_zpsur67

I had a few rough weeks with the tank but things are back on track? and growing well. Crazy how things can go bad so quickly

Trying to hang onto the 16 and just let it ride and see if the wife will want to keep it up . Transfer a few pieces and trade some in. It could easily stay as a species tank- all Pocillopora's

Good idea, keep that nasty weed in the 16 and only bring over the nonweeds to the new tank ;) lol

Also, pitch that pvc frame, order some good stuff and scape it up :) There was a guy Jstan (I think) that made his own mortar (wanna say for a 90g on here) but I don't remember the ingredients (but he listed what he used) seems to do fine for him.... will delay you a little but shouldn't be to bad, definitely worth it IMO.

Polarcollision

Hey there- thanks for stopping by. Yes that's my backyard creation- I learned to finish concrete and now me and my buddies can handle a full truck so it's getting out of control working on another section to pour hopefully before winter - working a little close to the edge. Everyone has a skateboard story or two- that's awesome!

ea83ff23ebff8f80fc6b56d14ae63174_zpsur67

I had a few rough weeks with the tank but things are back on track and growing well. Crazy how things can go bad so quickly

No way! You are too much--my kind of guy. Since you're scaping the tank AND the back yard. Maybe you need to build a loop cave out there... you know... to test drive for the fish. ;-)

Archived