Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

36" Ecoxotic Panorama Marine LED w/ Mr Aqua 12 gallon Long

wishba

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can keep Acropora under a 36" Ecoxotic Panorama Marine LED fixture above a Mr Aqua 12 gallon Long? The fixture has 30 Cree 3w LED's, and the aquarium is about 8 inches tall.

Thank you,

wishab

bdevillier19

I think you should be fine with such a shallow tank. The color rendition might be lacking due to the high kelvin white/blue combo but power wise should be enough.

I think you should be fine with such a shallow tank. The color rendition might be lacking due to the high kelvin white/blue combo but power wise should be enough.

Thank you very much for your advice. However, I am wondering what colour rendition is?? Also, would growth be fast or slow under this lighting, provided that there is superior water quality and stable parameters?

wishabg

bdevillier19

Growth all depends on your par (not taking water parameters into account) so I'd look into getting a par meter or see if ecoxotic has par readings available. Color rendition is basically how your corals look to your eye. Over the years people have noticed that using the high kelvin whit and blue led combos have led to corals loosing color or looking bland. With a more full spectrum light it brings out a variety of colors that may not have looked as good under the blue/white combos. Look up jedimasterben and read his build thread and numerous posts, including the new updated led guide.

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can keep Acropora under a 36" Ecoxotic Panorama Marine LED fixture above a Mr Aqua 12 gallon Long? The fixture has 30 Cree 3w LED's, and the aquarium is about 8 inches tall.

Thank you,

wishab

Just so you know, none of the Ecoxotic strip lights use Cree LEDs, and none of them are running at 3W per LED. Total wattage on that fixture is 35W, and with 30 LEDs, each of them are running at about 1W each (with the remaining 5W being consumed by the linear current regulators on the boards).

It certainly wouldn't be my first choice if you are going to be keeping sps, but it may work with the corals mounted high in the tank.

Archived