Pod Your Reef

Ricordea placement

Kevin69

So like the title says where should I place them? I have a biocube29.stock lights with the 4led inserts and an extra power head on the right side

post-85011-0-25333100-1407637866_thumb.jpg

I have mine on the bottom left for less light, but I'm hitting both sides of my tank with a pair of mp10's (one each side) and they love the moderate flow. This is a couple of weeks ago, I've added blue, green, and a rainbow to it since this picture. This started out as 3 rics, near as I can tell, I have ~ 30-35ish.

140-S_zpsfe67d657.jpg

FTS-2-s_zps50afa59c.jpg

I have two ricordea in my tank that have never seemed happy. They are always lifting up and away from the rubble they are on and never seem to be lying flat. I have placed them in high flow, low flow, high light, low light, and everything in between and they just never seem happy.

I have my ricordia out on the sand bed in moderate flow. They get tons of light. My blue ric which started as 2 splitting is now like 4 or 5. I can't tell and expands nice and big. My orange one right next to the blue hasn't split yet, but expands so nicely. The odd thing Is that my blue has started to develop bright green bulbs along with the blue bulbs it already has. I have a Yuma that seems to be doing well. Not as expanded as the floridas, but still bright and moderately expanded.

Archived