Innovative Marine Aquariums

20L Fish stocking + red dragonet questions

Halo_003

Thanks for that advice

I'm wondering if he would get stressed from the valentini puffer as well he don't attack anything due to special Food routine

But you can sense that he's dominating the tank

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A second vote of caution for the yellow clown goby. It's an amazing fish, but has single-finnedly ensured I don't add any stony corals to my tank - every montipora I've tried has been pecked to death within a week or two. Granted I only had one or two small frags, so there weren't enough around the tank to spread the damage out.

Heck, mine's even finished off ailing large polyp stonies. Lost at least one head of my frogspawn to it post alk-swing, and my brief experiment in keeping micromussas ended when I saw mine pecking away at the polyps, to the point of it looking perpetually like a favia & preventing it from feeding.

It's the $19 fish that can cost you hundre$. ;)

But my kids love it, and I gotta admit it's a charmer.

A second vote of caution for the yellow clown goby. It's an amazing fish, but has single-finnedly ensured I don't add any stony corals to my tank - every montipora I've tried has been pecked to death within a week or two. Granted I only had one or two small frags, so there weren't enough around the tank to spread the damage out.

Heck, mine's even finished off ailing large polyp stonies. Lost at least one head of my frogspawn to it post alk-swing, and my brief experiment in keeping micromussas ended when I saw mine pecking away at the polyps, to the point of it looking perpetually like a favia & preventing it from feeding.

It's the $19 fish that can cost you hundre$. ;)

But my kids love it, and I gotta admit it's a charmer.

That's why I don't want one. I like birdsnest too much. :)

Archived