Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brad's Rimless. NanoBox Hybrid. MAME. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

Damn totally missed the silencer. How necessary is it?

100 worth it. like night and day.

you can make it truly silent if you cover the air hole in it with clear packing tape

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad if you do decide you want a cover I can do free postage on it for you B)

Just shoot me a PM and ill sort it out.

Once you get hoses on it will help keep it straight.

EDIT: Its on its way

FedEx is showing tank will be here on Saturday.

Remember, there is a wood wall behind the tank.

Option 1

Paint a small portion of the back glass glass to cover where the MAME will be

or

Option 2

Frost the back glass

Option 3

Frost the back glass + paint a little section black

I want to use black tubing to hide the gunk.

FedEx is showing tank will be here on Saturday.

Remember, there is a wood wall behind the tank.

Option 1

Paint a small portion of the back glass glass to cover where the MAME will be

or

Option 2

Frost the back glass

Option 3

Frost the back glass + paint a little section black

I want to use black tubing to hide the gunk.

Well the whitebackground I had turned out to not be as pleasing to me as the frost option I have on their now. The big plus is if you have the lighting you can backlight the tank for pictures. I used some stuff from home depot that is removable and sticks just by wiping a wet cloth on the back of the tank.

Also why not run the mame off the side back corner, when view from the front you cant see it at all except for the small overflow in tank, reflection from the side glass prevents it from being in view.

Frost and use white tubing to hide the gunk. Can you get white tubing? I like the thought of the color of the wood showing through the entire tank even if you lose the detail of the wood through the frost.

Frost and use white tubing to hide the gunk. Can you get white tubing? I like the thought of the color of the wood showing through the entire tank even if you lose the detail of the wood through the frost.

They do black tubing but its a pita to get on a mame because its so stiff, i hadn't thought of wrapping the tubing in something like white sticky paper of some sort though. I am going to redo my plumbing and sump here soon using hard piping with segments of soft tube and cam lock fittings. Hope they work I feel like I am going to be let down though and them leak slightly...

They do black tubing but its a pita to get on a mame because its so stiff, i hadn't thought of wrapping the tubing in something like white sticky paper of some sort though. I am going to redo my plumbing and sump here soon using hard piping with segments of soft tube and cam lock fittings. Hope they work I feel like I am going to be let down though and them leak slightly...

black tubing with frosted back.

Clear tubing, wrapped nicely in white duck tape. Then switch to black tubing from behind the stand down into the sump.

You can do what I did. I used clear tubing and covered it in white wire sheathing.

You know the stuff Dave uses on the lights? Same thing. That would look a lot nicer then tape, and you can't see any gunk in it. It also blends in really good with a clear back. I think with that awesome wall, you should leave the back clear. ;)

Not the right size, but just so that you know what I'm talking about

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HM2IK1A/ref=redir_mdp_mobile#

You can do what I did. I used clear tubing and covered it in white wire sheathing.

You know the stuff Dave uses on the lights? Same thing. That would look a lot nicer then tape, and you can't see any gunk in it. It also blends in really good with a clear back. I think with that awesome wall, you should leave the back clear. ;)

Not the right size, but just so that you know what I'm talking about

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HM2IK1A/ref=redir_mdp_mobile#

smart man. this is a smart man right here

As much of a joke as it sounds like I am really liking the idea of doing a cinderblock stand. I havn't found the exact design I like yet but I feel like it could be done and look awesome.

I'm so stoked to see this thing. Btw, I love your stand on you 18". I wish you would match it for this build.

The plain white one from picO?

As much of a joke as it sounds like I am really liking the idea of doing a cinderblock stand. I havn't found the exact design I like yet but I feel like it could be done and look awesome.

Interesting idea. I thought what Pierce did with his faux cement covering was pretty cool.

0C5D9439-31AF-4072-B5F3-4928BA12AE7B_zps

The plain white one from picO?

Interesting idea. I thought what Pierce did with his faux cement covering was pretty cool.

0C5D9439-31AF-4072-B5F3-4928BA12AE7B_zps

That faux cement treatment is pretty awesome. So far I am stuck at how to put doors on a cinderblock stand or atleast cover whats going on under it.

i wanna see this tank. like now.

Same. Except I have a meeting from 11-12, then we have going away lunch for our interns. Hope to stop home before heading to the giants game tn.

BRS sells silicone tubing in white up to an inch.

Its not cheap.

DRS has black vinyl tubing up to like 1.25". Looks nice. Need heat gun the straighten it, it keeps a curve/coil.

Archived