fts0924_zps6c715c6e.jpg

ADA 60p
standup0603_zpsd2a5dba5.jpg
spsside50603_zps56750f61.jpg

Stay tuned.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prep work has begun. TV is wall mounted, media stand taken away, speakers hung. Tank will be here this time next week

IMG_8922_zps5be54625.jpg

I know the TV looks low, but it is actually higher than what it used to be and our couch sits low.

Tank will be sitting on the left side of the wall.

Thanks for your overflow order Brad,

Should be with you soon.

Shaping up to be an exciting build, great equipment selection. B)

Thanks. Can't wait to get the overflow.

1. Tank - Friday

2. Lights - Have

3. Sump - Have

4. Return Pump - Friday

5. MAME - Late this week, early next week?

6. Stand - Talking with the woodshop at work and gonna check out a few at stores this weekend

7. Protein Skimmer - will decide while tank cycles

Thing could be wet by next weekend!

I've seen people put 30+ gallon tanks on unsupported Ikea cabinets before, you guys think if I get that one from World Market, remove the center brace, then remake a frame inside out of 2x4's, I will be good?

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/ObeyHK/media/E99E8711-DE33-47FF-8D31-33F0A8E222C3_zpsozqyaarz.jpg.html]E99E8711-DE33-47FF-8D31-33F0A8E222C3_zps[/url]

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/ObeyHK/media/2785524E-163C-4534-B631-5A9CF332CE12_zpsfdsqi7x3.jpg.html]2785524E-163C-4534-B631-5A9CF332CE12_zps[/url]

You can't really see it, but as a thin wood divider in the middle that I was planning not to put in if I go with this stand.

Honestly, with the size of the tank, you prob don't need anything.

Is it that hollow core particle board stuff like ikea??...or actual wood?

Honestly, with the size of the tank, you prob don't need anything. Is it that hollow core particle board stuff like ikea??...or actual wood?

Made of acacia, rubberwood, MDF and veneer.

Description says it weighs 90 pounds. So decent weight to it.

Reading comments on their page and they say don't put anything over 60 pounds on it. Idk about that

From the sounds of it, it's prob strong enough. Sounds like it would be just as strong, or stronger, then a cheap petsmart mdf stand. I say go for it if you like it. Once you have it you can see if anything extra is needed.

From the sounds of it, it's prob strong enough. Sounds like it would be just as strong, or stronger, then a cheap petsmart mdf stand. I say go for it if you like it. Once you have it you can see if anything extra is needed.

It's not my ideal stand, but it is fast. Who knows how long the wood shop will take to make one. I could do an attempt at my own, my neighbor just did get a table saw. But meh.

It would def be easier to just add some supports to this one. If you are a perfectionist like me, building your own stand will take forever. Ask me how I know.

If your happy with the looks, it's only a 30 min job to slap a couple support braces in it.

It would def be easier to just add some supports to this one. If you are a perfectionist like me, building your own stand will take forever. Ask me how I know. If your happy with the looks, it's only a 30 min job to slap a couple support braces in it.

That's what I was thinking. It will kill me looking at a home made stand that isn't perfect.

Your tank water (only) weighs about 240 pounds.

Get up on the stand and bounce on it. If it holds you its good to go.

If it doesnt, have friend or relative call 911 because you just broke your neck. Dont use that stand for your tank if that happens.

I'd say go for it, like Alex said you can make the call down the road if you think it needs extra bracing, I think it'll be fine though. Plus the glass doors will be sweet to show off that sexy sump!

Archived