cindy's cadlights 8g: on writing deadlines! :O

cindyp

the balano definitely opens up more

at night. though it does peep out during

the day. sometimes quite a lot, but never

as wildly as at night. due to lack of space in tank, i've got

her pretty high up. not sure what kind of shuffling

i can do if necessary. my frogspawn is getting

too big for its corner. (i know GENA, upgrade, ha!)

honestly, i'd like to have some maturity in this tank

before trying anything bigger.

midnightbalano.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My LFS just posted on their Facebook page that they have dendros!! I'm tempted to buy one and join the fathead dendro club everyone seems to be a part of! But they seem expensive... $45 for 1h or $80 for 2h... and they all look small...

the balano definitely opens up more

at night. though it does peep out during

the day. sometimes quite a lot, but never

as wildly as at night. due to lack of space in tank, i've got

her pretty high up. not sure what kind of shuffling

i can do if necessary. my frogspawn is getting

too big for its corner. (i know GENA, upgrade, ha!)

honestly, i'd like to have some maturity in this tank

before trying anything bigger.

midnightbalano.jpg

I didn't say a word :). But I was thinking it LOL.

My dendro gets GIANT at night...it's way cool!

My LFS just posted on their Facebook page that they have dendros!! I'm tempted to buy one and join the fathead dendro club everyone seems to be a part of! But they seem expensive... $45 for 1h or $80 for 2h... and they all look small...

DO IT!!!! :D. Seriously, you won't regret it. AWESOME coral :).

Hi,

I also have some problems trying to keep the ph of my 4G tank. For now, I only have a few frags (gsp, hammer, zoas, mushrooms, and cloves), snails, hermits, and a couple of sexy shrimp.

Initially, I was thinking that weekly water changes were going to be enough for my tank, but I found that the ph in the saltwater and RO water I get from my LFS is quite low. Specially the RO water, which ends up reducing the ph of the tank. The ph in the tank used to be around 7 - 7.5, before I started using a ph buffer. And now, it's around 8 - 8.5. However, dosing for ph is not fun at all because my test kits (stripes and API ph test) are very difficult to read and you have to start again every time you get new water :s

Recently, after doing a full water test at the LFS, we also noticed that calcium is quite low. Their saltwater is around 400, and my tank in less than a week drops to around 300-320. Then, I decided to start dosing a 2-part supplement, which should help maintain better parameters. Corals seem to open more, specially my hammer, but I guess it's too soon to tell if there is some real impact.

Hope this helps in some way, specially if all other parameters seem fine :)

I'm tempted to buy one and join the fathead dendro club everyone seems to be a part of!...

Oh yeah - the girls on here like to start the latest "thing".. It's like the winter nano fashion style..lol

that does seem pricey. but it might

be chicago prices are higher? they are

great fun tho. my dendro is a large red one

(i think?) not a fathead. i believe fatheads

can branch? not sure what the large does

as far as growth other than get BIGGER. ha!

I didn't say a word :). But I was thinking it LOL.My dendro gets GIANT at night...it's way cool! DO IT!!!! :D. Seriously, you won't regret it. AWESOME coral :).
bwhaha! i heard you in my head!!! :plove that your dendro is happy at night too.does yours get the jelly top?

Oh yeah - the girls on here like to start the latest "thing".. It's like the winter nano fashion style..lol
oh doc. you know you wanna jointhe club. :D ha!

Hope this helps in some way, specially if all other parameters seem fine :)
thank you so much for taking the time to share!i hope things improve in your tank.what and how do you dose? how often?

thank you so much for taking the time to share! i hope things improve in your tank. what and how do you dose? how often?

I use seachem aquaVitro 8.4 for ph a few times per week, depending on how low the ph is, and seachem reef fusion 1 and 2 for calcium and alkalinity. I dose fusion 1 and 2 only 1 or 2 times per week.

For the size of my tank, it requires less than 1ml of each one, then it is only a few drops. It seems they will last for a very long time.

Now that the ph in the tank is higher, I'll try to add 8.4 only to the top off water. I've been thinking about a getting a ph meter to avoid trying to guess the right color but haven't found an affordable one with good reviews

When they first posted about the dendros, they said $25 per head. Now it's $45. Blah. I was ready to buy at $25, but not at $45.

When they first posted about the dendros, they said $25 per head. Now it's $45. Blah. I was ready to buy at $25, but not at $45.

Oh really... Psh...

bwhaha! i heard you in my head!!! :P love that your dendro is happy at night too. does yours get the jelly top?

I've seen it once, maybe twice :wub:. I can't wait to have a colony of these things.

Playing catch up on the threads, sorry to hear about your blenny :( I think I just lost my two-spot too, despite him eating regularly.

Love your new ric. :wub:

Playing catch up on the threads, sorry to hear about your blenny :( I think I just lost my two-spot too, despite him eating regularly.

Love your new ric. :wub:

oh no! how long have you had the two-spot?

do you know why? i don't know why mine died.

maybe water parameters?

Kimberbee, you can find Fat head dendros for around $35-$40. I know Glenn on here has some great prices. AquaSD has them on sale during the live sale events on R2R also. But always around the $35 mark.

Love your tank Cindy! Do you have a recent FTS? I looked back a few pages but didn't see one.

thank you! i haven't done one in a few weeks. i'm

bad at those because they are hard for me to take. ha!

i should probably put my progress on my first post though.

i'm so lazy. :)

oh no! how long have you had the two-spot?

do you know why? i don't know why mine died.

maybe water parameters?

I had it for around 2 months, can't remember exactly. Haven't found the body, but I know there are a lot of crevices and whatnot in the rockwork of this tank. I don't think it was water params as just about everything else in the tank has been fine (except blastos, they seem to hate me this time around in the hobby). :unsure:

I had it for around 2 months, can't remember exactly. Haven't found the body, but I know there are a lot of crevices and whatnot in the rockwork of this tank. I don't think it was water params as just about everything else in the tank has been fine (except blastos, they seem to hate me this time around in the hobby). :unsure:

ack! i hope fishie surprises you and appears

out of blue. and yeah, i had a Happy Eating Blasto

and then within 48 hours, BOOM! skeleton. :(

those RFAs! wow.

thanks, ninja!

the ultra nem with the orange skirt

was $$. but i love her. the neon green one

is at least 4 inches across (i should probably

feed them less, ha!) and was on sale for $25.

BARGAIN.

Archived