Pod Your Reef

Hvani's Nuvo 8-Clownfish Adventures!

HVani

Wow, awesome growth! Looks like the blue ochtodes are pursuing their plan for Total World Domination :)

OMG you are telling me! I've already trimmed it once. I'm going to trim it again this weekend. Once the weather warms up I will be shipping some out.

Wait, what is the big purpley thing right in the middle??

I think BF has that growing on one of his powerheads and we don't know what it is!

Blue Ochtodes :) In some people's tanks its blue in others its purple.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG you are telling me! I've already trimmed it once. I'm going to trim it again this weekend. Once the weather warms up I will be shipping some out.

Blue Ochtodes :) In some people's tanks its blue in others its purple.

Hmm... So could I take a chunk of it to put in my tank? is this like other macro algae that it would help eat up the nitrates in my tanks?

Hmm... So could I take a chunk of it to put in my tank? is this like other macro algae that it would help eat up the nitrates in my tanks?

Yup but your urchin might eat it.

Yup but your urchin might eat it.

Good call. Would my hermits or snails eat it? I do worry about my urchin getting enough algae to eat, as he keeps my rocks pretty much clean of coraline too. I would happily put a clump of it into my tank every few days just to give him a snack!

Good call. Would my hermits or snails eat it? I do worry about my urchin getting enough algae to eat, as he keeps my rocks pretty much clean of coraline too. I would happily put a clump of it into my tank every few days just to give him a snack!

I'm not sure. I have a scarlet hermit and a few small snails in my 8 gallon and they don't eat it.

I'm not sure. I have a scarlet hermit and a few small snails in my 8 gallon and they don't eat it.

No harm in trying, right? I'll bring him home a snack this weekend!

Full Tank Shot from today

JanNuvo8_zpse634d0e1.jpg

The ochtodes exploded omgomgomg. This looks fantastic!

My ochtodes goes through growth spurts, which is kinda nice. It's so great for nutrient export.

I got my chunk of ochtodes from BF tonight. I can't wait to get it in my tank I think I might rubber band it to a long log-like piece of epoxy since I have no rock to stick it to...

• 1 month later...

Totally just got a nanobox for this tank :)

I'll post pictures when it gets here.

Not much else going on. Just trimming macros for LFS credit. I'm also going to be adding some more sexy shrimp once I can find them.

Totally just got a nanobox for this tank :)

I'll post pictures when it gets here.

Not much else going on. Just trimming macros for LFS credit. I'm also going to be adding some more sexy shrimp once I can find them.

Sweet! You're going to love it!

Archived