Top Shelf Aquatics

Best Coral Food.

CurtBoswell

No good answer. I like Reef Roids, it works very well for my SPS and LPS and even the bubble tip nem. It's a little large for SPS though, and some newer foods on the market with smaller sizes might be better.

Reef Roids is one of the few foods that actually has scientific literature to back up the growth claims.

http://www.academia.edu/1647139/Coral_farming_effects_of_light_water_motion_and_artificial_foods

Close the popup to read the article.

No good answer. I like Reef Roids, it works very well for my SPS and LPS and even the bubble tip nem. It's a little large for SPS though, and some newer foods on the market with smaller sizes might be better.

Reef Roids is one of the few foods that actually has scientific literature to back up the growth claims.

http://www.academia.edu/1647139/Coral_farming_effects_of_light_water_motion_and_artificial_foods

Close the popup to read the article.

Thanks for that link, pretty cool stuff

I just started using Reef Chili. I have no real idea how it's going to end up working, and I haven't been getting good polyp extension from my single acropora yet, so I'll check back when I have more to add.

CurtBoswell

Thanks everyone!

I just started using Reef Chili. I have no real idea how it's going to end up working, and I haven't been getting good polyp extension from my single acropora yet, so I'll check back when I have more to add.

I'll definitely want to know how that goes! If anyone else wants to share what they're using and how it's working I would appreciate that!

Grumblecakes

oyster feast was amazing when i used it. couldnt use it fast enough though and it would ussually expire. amazing feeding response from all corals with target and broadcast feeding

I'm definitely looking at this sun coral that's at my lfs. It looks amazing!

They are easy to care for, just feed it. Mysis, pellets, ect.

I'm definitely looking at this sun coral that's at my lfs. It looks amazing!

I love my sun coral! It's very tiny though, and only has two heads. It's really easy to feed so don't let that deter you.

I turn off my pumps and give a little food to my two clowns, then carefully spot feed the two heads on the sun coral. I go back to the clowns to see if they need a little more, and done!

What is the overall best coral food?

Hands down, best coral food is, (wait for it.......) Fish Poop!

That being said, I supplement with Reef Chilli on Wednesdays, and Reef Frenzy on Sundays. I should also mention, with that I end up with nitrates around 10ppm. I just run a wetter skimmer and do a larger [than normal] water change every other month to keep 'em in check.

What is the overall best coral food?

HIGHLY depends on the coral

They are easy to care for, just feed it. Mysis, pellets, ect.

+1

Hands down, best coral food is, (wait for it.......) Fish Poop!.

x2

I use Acro-Power for my SPS. I dose once a week. Getting good color and polyp extension

Dynamite stuff!!

Archived