Innovative Marine Aquariums

Saltcritters Order

basser1

I just placed my first order with Saltcritters on the 3rd of August. It was for one of their $50 Acro colonies. I received tracking info and received my order today, Wed, Aug 6th.

When I received my package the box was warm to the touch and when I opened it, the smell was somethin' awful. If you've ever smelled dead acros before, you know it's rank! Well needless to say the coral was DOA. The bag of water was cloudy and the coral was bone white. And did I say anything about the smell??? PeeeUuuu....

Anyway I followed their rules for filing a claim, taking pics etc. I did receive an e-mail confirming my claim and I would be issued store credit. Now let me say, that they do spell this out on their FAQ page and it was my bad that I did not read it. But what is it with vendors that they won't issue refunds? I understand not refunding shipping costs, but for items purchased, I dont see the problem. LiveAquaria will issue refunds, no questions asked as long as you follow their refund policy. I used to deal with Mr. Coral, but he issued store credit as well. I did not want to make any further purchases from them so I no longer buy from them.

So let me say that in the future I won't be makng any purchases from vendors that only issue store credit....

I just placed my first order with Saltcritters on the 3rd of August. It was for one of their $50 Acro colonies. I received tracking info and received my order today, Wed, Aug 6th. When I received my package the box was warm to the touch and when I opened it, the smell was somethin' awful. If you've ever smelled dead acros before, you know it's rank! Well needless to say the coral was DOA. The bag of water was cloudy and the coral was bone white. And did I say anything about the smell??? PeeeUuuu.... Anyway I followed their rules for filing a claim, taking pics etc. I did receive an e-mail confirming my claim and I would be issued store credit. Now let me say, that they do spell this out on their FAQ page and it was my bad that I did not read it. But what is it with vendors that they won't issue refunds? I understand not refunding shipping costs, but for items purchased, I dont see the problem. LiveAquaria will issue refunds, no questions asked as long as you follow their refund policy. I used to deal with Mr. Coral, but he issued store credit as well. I did not want to make any further purchases from them so I no longer buy from them. So let me say that in the future I won't be makng any purchases from vendors that only issue store credit....
Yeah I think it's BS to Basser. So you have to spend another 40-50 dollars in shipping. I have about 400 dollars in store credit that I will never use with a few vendors. Or plenty of promises to replace a coral on my next order. Well there will never be another order.

Don't most only do store credit? Who refunds besides LA? I hate store credit too.
I buy from hobbiest that have refunded with no doa pics just a message. Not sure what Coral Gardens doa policy is but Glenn will go out of his way to make you happy.
Just had the same thing happen to us, lost 7 colonies, refunded for 2.
So you lost 7 got refunded for 2 and store credit for 5? You all should try Coral Gardens Aquaculture. Not just saying this because Glenn is my buddy he has AMAZING stuff and will bend over backwards to make you happy.

So you lost 7 got refunded for 2 and store credit for 5? You all should try Coral Gardens Aquaculture. Not just saying this because Glenn is my buddy he has AMAZING stuff and will bend over backwards to make you happy.

You know Lawnman I likes me colored sticks!

I know Glenn and will definately look into his stuff next time

No, we lost 7 and got refunded via store credit for 2. :mellow:

WOW! That sucks big time! You probably didn't meet their 2 hour window after receiving shipment. Most vendors will allow 24 hours.

If you're in the market for SPS you may want to look elsewhere.....

Archived