Coral Vue Hydros

10 fish dead in 10 min car ride

ajlaman

Anybody ever have this happen before? Actually happened to all (10) .75" neon tetras on the way home from the LFS with water from the same tank they seemed to be doing pretty well in. Pulled into my garage and they were all dead. Kuhli loaches in the bag right next to them made it no problem. Know we focus on 100% reefs here usually but figure it could happen to SW fish too. Think the bag was overpressurized with oxygen, or maybe a speed bump sent a shock wave through them?

That is strange, be glad it wasn't 10 yellow tangs. Neons are a funny fish they are like xenia do fine in one tank but not in the other. Were they bagged aggressively?

Found this on the internet thought it was interesting

During a single month, an average of 1.8 million neon tetras with an estimated value of $175,000 are imported into the United States for the aquarium trade.[4

Cameron6796

Tetras are touchy in general i put a little bit too much peroxide in my tank and lost a bunch in a matter of an hour.

I had a friend in college whose first freshwater tank was a low bowl, mixed brown pebbles, one leafy plant, near a window w/ an air stone. Neons and guppies lived happily. He put them in a 10g and they croaked in 2 days even after acclimation. They are not an easy fish.

Archived