Top Shelf Aquatics

My 28Gal Macroalgae Reef

GMay

Here are few shots of my recent efforts on a JBJ 28 Nano Cube Inertmeidate LED.

Started May 11, 2014

Red Sea Reef Pro salts

sg 1.025

80F

Change out 3 gal weekly.

Have had to supplement carbonate daily as consumption is ~2dKH per day and calcium about 10 ppm per week.

Pictures are from August 2, 2014

Hope you enjoy. Any IDs on the plants would be appreciated. I am sure of some of them but not all.

Nice tank! So glad to see more marine planted tanks! What are you planning on doing with the rock in the back on the left hand side?

Very nice. I think that would make a lovely home for seahorses if the power head was covered with netting?

Agreed, but only if the chromis got taken out first.

Nice tank! So glad to see more marine planted tanks! What are you planning on doing with the rock in the back on the left hand side?

Agreed, but only if the chromis got taken out first.

Yes, that is true.

That towering rock at the back left will become the tower of zoa. I have just added a four different zoanthid frags to it this weekend. The plan is to let them grow over the entire surface and bring more color to the tank. The largest frag is a miami hurricane. The others are from a LFS that did not provide names for them. Each of the small frags cost me $5 a piece so I figured if they look nice, I don't need a name.

Thanks all!

Following along - Like to see what other JBJ28 people are doing. Where did you find such a variety of macros?

Also noticed a Pajama Cardinal in there too. Those are my faves. I ended up with 5 of them in my 28..

Archived