ReefCleaners.org

Project Spec V

damianj81

Spec V tank buildup in progress... So far I've ordered a Nano Box Tide, inTank Media basket, Mini-Jet 606, and Bonsai Pico VidaRock. It's hurry up and wait time until my parameters are good and I'm ready to stock her up. Thanks to all members of my new favorite forum nano-reef.com for all the good advice I've gotten in setting up my tank.post-84598-0-06345100-1407030429_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for a smaller Vida Rock piece like the one in your photo but i cant find one that small. The only site i've found that sells VidaRock is "Aqua-Tecture".

They have the same pieces that you have but much larger. The smallest Bonsai rock they have posted as pico size is 9" long - 7" front to back-- 5.5" tall...The Spec 5 is only 6" wide so your rock must be smaller.

Could i ask where you got it from?

Thanks very much: AVIATOR300

Thanks guys! I did get the bonsai from aqua-tecture.com model AT700 measuring 7" x 6" x 5" L (left to right) x W (front to back) x H (top to bottom). It fits but I only have about an eighth on an inch space between my bonsai and the front and rear glass. More pics to come when my nanobox arrives hopefully in two weeks.

AVIATOR300: I just send an email to Aqua-Tecture to see if they're making more bonsais in a similar dimension to mine.

what?! how you fit a bonsai in there? nice equipment =). it's like a twin tank to my Spec with Nanobox and Vidarock.

Totally your fault I ended up with Vidarock. I was actually looking for the same one you have after checking out your setup 4 weeks ago but all they had in a pico size were the Bonsais.

• 4 weeks later...

One month update: I added a new rock and did a little rearranging. Nanobox Tide should arrive today, so if my parameters are good I can start stocking my tank.

post-84598-0-08473500-1410022694_thumb.jpg

Looking good damian. I just got my MiniTide yesterday and WOW that's all i can say.

That tutorial that Dave E-mails you when you purchase the light is awesome and makes it so very simple to put it together and program it. (listening to this Dave? ).

Programming the controller is so simple that an 8 year old kid could do it. The only problem i had was finding an 8 year old kid to help me. (Just kidding).

As far as the VidaRock goes, Aqua Tech is completely out of all Bonsai and only has very large arches. I decided not to wait and used BRS Reef Saver dry rock instead.

I'm looking forward to following your thread: AVIATOR

Archived