Pod Your Reef

my 30 shallow macro tank pics

GOSKN5

Hope yall don't get tired of seeing pics... just like to share when I add some things... added a few new macros and rearranged a little... now have about 12 macros, mangroves... a few corals and 3 nems...

mydujy9e.jpg

azysa7e6.jpg

yre7eny8.jpg

ytuvy8a5.jpg

4u5e5epe.jpg

u6ydu3y3.jpg

Oh this is so pretty! Love all the different shades of color! And of course love it that you have some rock flowers too!

Couple full tank shots

3urajy2a.jpg

abymu4a5.jpg

une3e3a8.jpg

30 gallon deep blue shallow

Radion pro

Mp10

Bubble magus skimmer in 20 gallon sump

Speedwave DC return

Dose 2 part and plan to dose iron in future occasionally...

6 small fish and a cleaner shrimp

Thank you... it's a little jungle for sure.. haha... I actually want to add another gorgonian on the left side to balance the height out some... and of course mix in a few more macros as I find em... thanks again

How many fish do you have in there? Must be a few to keep up nutrients for all the growth, quite incredible to say the least! Does the Radion have an algae growth setting? ^_-

thegambler26

Really nice! I'm going for the same kinda style. What kinda flow do you have going? What setting do you have you're mp 10 on.

How many fish do you have in there? Must be a few to keep up nutrients for all the growth, quite incredible to say the least! Does the Radion have an algae growth setting? ^_-

Only 6 small fish... like nano size fish and bangaii.. I plan on adding a few more fish to up nutrients as things continue to grow.. but I think good lighting is the key... we will see over time as some of these haven't been in the tank for very long...

I could see that, what about a yellow finger gorgonian or the red one?

I would love one but not sure I want to mess with the NPS ones.. although with all the macro I could probably handle the extra bio of feeding it...

Really nice! I'm going for the same kinda style. What kinda flow do you have going? What setting do you have you're mp 10 on.

Mp10 is pretty light actually... I have it on the 5th light... alternate from reef crest to short pulse.. also occasionally blast it to stir things up real good...

Really like this. Love the mangroves

Thanks.. I have had them about a year and a half....seem to do pretty well

Nice! I love the macro/softy tanks like this. About the gorgonians- I didn't see any feather gorgonians in there, and 2-3 of those would fill in the empty space quite nicely. Or, if you'd rather, a couple A. Elisabethae. Reef gardeners used to sell those, but I believe Zia has a couple in her tank, and she might be willing to give you a frag or two for this tank.

Love this.. The tank sizing and contents (Macros and RFA's - two of my faves) Is that gsp in the front center?

following this one...

Archived