inTank Media Baskets

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

I am on Ravelry, though I haven't used it in some time. Hoping to get back into knitting once I get my tanks back on track!

Whatcha need to get back on track kimberbee?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatcha need to get back on track kimberbee?

More time in a day!!

I move the rest of my coral and fishies out of the biocube tomorrow. Hopefully someone takes my rock later this week. Then I can clean out the biocube and add new rock. I'll have to wait a few days/weeks to cycle in enough good bacteria before I move everything out of the holding tank. Then hopefully back on track!

Rocks came today!! :happydance:

I picked out the smallest rocks I could - there are some nice monster pieces - and now I have 17lbs to bring home on the train with me. The rest can wait for another day.

If I get done with my tank maintenance early enough tonight, I'll work on a scape. I'm thinking L/C shaped with a mountain of euphyllia towards the back wall, sloping down the side with mushrooms. Leathers will fill in spaces. Plate/welso/brain on the sand. Want to keep it mostly on the rocks so I can keep a clean sand bed.

I did it... everything is moved out of the biocube except the rocks that will hopefully be picked up by a Craigslist weirdo tomorrow. Though, I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be a crazy weirdo!!

20130747085_d366d1cbbd.jpg

Nobody is happy right now, but it doesn't look horrible in there...

20104470986_5ef54566ca.jpg

I was able to carry a bunch of rocks home, though it was very uncomfortable with 20 lbs of rocks in my backpack, plus 15 more carried by hand in a bag!!

20122520972_103f7c8807.jpg

I think I'm going to go very minimal. Like 15-ish lbs.

19509574233_1a1551f442.jpg

19942525990_b311bdec90.jpg

19509574923_7c4d9018aa.jpg

19942770550_86e0c6e7af.jpg

Any thoughts?!

The tank looks so empty! Simple scape is often the best scape. It looks almost as if you drilled holes for your plugs to fit into. Oh and good luck on the weirdo tomorrow....

Just a suggestion - if you've got bad vibes, tell the weirdo you'll meet him at some public place like a local Starbucks so that he/she isn't coming into your home. And if we don't see any updates from you by tomorrow evening we'll be calling in the police. And sending in local NR peeps :)

Whats with all the empty frag plugs? You buy some rock from a reefer with a complete die off? I chuck the frag plug and glue to my rock. Not even asking about all the batterys.

I like it! Lots of room for coral to grow :)

That's the idea! Plus, hoping when I go to upgrade, I can just pick these up and move them over. So much harder to do with multiple pieces jigsaw-puzzled together!

The tank looks so empty! Simple scape is often the best scape. It looks almost as if you drilled holes for your plugs to fit into. Oh and good luck on the weirdo tomorrow....

I may have helped make the holes frag plug sized with a hammer and screwdriver... A problem I have in my fusion is finding holes that plugs will fit into!

Just a suggestion - if you've got bad vibes, tell the weirdo you'll meet him at some public place like a local Starbucks so that he/she isn't coming into your home. And if we don't see any updates from you by tomorrow evening we'll be calling in the police. And sending in local NR peeps :)

No bad vibes yet. I'm a pretty trusting person though. I didn't want to pack up and transport 2 buckets full of rocks to have someone flake out on me last minute. I'll have bf check in with me every few minutes. ;)

Whats with all the empty frag plugs? You buy some rock from a reefer with a complete die off? I chuck the frag plug and glue to my rock. Not even asking about all the batterys.

They are new, clean plugs I used to make sure I'd have places to put things. I have a hard time gluing things down... What if they aren't happy there!!

Get with the times Old Man.......those are vibrating rocks!

Giggity...

I am on Ravelry, though I haven't used it in some time. Hoping to get back into knitting once I get my tanks back on track!

Me too! and me too re: using it in some time. I don't knit though. I don't have the patience. Crochet.

+10000000

We've been trying to sell our boat on craigslist and have come into contact with some crazies. Each time Jeff and I have been really glad we met them down at the boatyard since there are always a ton of people around.

:rolleyes:

I thought ReefCleaner rocks come with lots of holes already...surprised you have to drill them yourself. I looked into getting rocks from them vs BRS. They look pretty good.

Just chipped a little here and there, no drilling required. I just cleaned it up a little bit!

I really really like the big rock on the left. I think/hope it will be perfect for tons of euhpyllia!! :wub:

But, all the euphyllia I've gotten from a certain LFS that has 1-head pieces for $21 has died off pretty easily. I wonder if it's a.) they just have bad coral, b.) the small 1-head pieces are not as hardy as bigger pieces or c.) I just don't have the right conditions for them...

No weirdo stories with weirdo? cool.

Guy turned up early with his wife on their way to dinner. He was very nice, took all my rock and was on his way. No crazy Craigslist stories for me!

i love new tank shots. Lookin good that's new sand right? Still very confused about the batteries

Joking... right?

Scooped my sand out by the cupful. and in the end was able to get pretty much all of it out.

Filled it back up with tap water+vinegar. Nice and hot, at 95 degrees.

I'll turn the lights off and let it run a few days. Sunday I'll do a small "water change" after scraping more junk loose.

I feel dead now. After carrying 50lbs of rocks home these past two days, plus all the water dumping and pouring tonight, I am DONE!!

My silver lining: I washed my sheets, blankets, and flipped my mattress tonight. After a quick rinse off it's gonna feel AHMAZING to get into bed tonight!!

HarryPotter

it was HOT today! you gonna have a good night sleep =P

Exactly

HarryPotter

Dear lord... what have we done to innocent little Harold!!!

Were you the one texting him?

Cmon people I'm almost 18. I may act like a TOTAL idiot, but that's partially just for show ;)

Archived