inTank Media Baskets

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

I know your a fan of aio tanks.but I saw a complete sca 50 cube. Stand, sump, plumbing starphire glass on amazon. Meets your size requirements and should be big enough that you can keep most of your stuff. $700 is not a bad price for a complete set up

####! That is EXACTLY the size tank I want, except I still need the cabinet to use for a littler box...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

####! That is EXACTLY the size tank I want, except I still need the cabinet to use for a littler box...

no you don't give the cat to your bf. problem solved ;)

no you don't give the cat to your bf. problem solved ;)

No, cause I'll be moving in with him in the spring! So WE BOTH get the cat!!

And I get to live with his monster newfie... :mellow:

After talking with my boyfriend, and Stella (who is really awesome) I decided that I probably need to treat my MTS and consolidate my two tanks into one.

I just don't have the time or dedication to two tanks. I spend a lot of time at work or with the boyfriend and only take care of my tanks one a week with water changes. I don't test regularly, I don't clean the glass or baste the rocks as I should, and don't get me started on cleaning pumps and compartments!!

I will have to get rid of a few corals, and unfortunately, I won't be able to keep 3 clownfish in one tank. But I will have until April to thin out what I have.

The next question is - stay with the Nuvo Fusion 20, get a Lagoon 25, or maybe a Mr. Aqua 32 gallon with a HOB filter. I know I want to stay simpler, and it needs to fit within a 24x24 space.

I like the lagoon 25. Looks sweet. And you're just as awesome :)

I like the lagoon 25. Looks sweet. And you're just as awesome :)

The lagoon 25 and nuvo 40 have the same footprint (roughly 24 x 20). But one is 12 inches high and the other is 19. A height of 14-16 would be perfect. I'll have to go home and measure the rocks I have!

Yeah, I had 4 going. Too much. I'm going to stay with 3 when I move. I took off more than I could chew myself. I understand the need.

+1 to the Lagoon 25. Love the dimension. But the bigger the tank the better....so 40g sounds good too. So I contributed nothing =P.

Plan is to try and get the 40 on a black Friday deal. If not, I'll have to consider the 25 or something else a little more affordable. :)

Pretty sure I'm just gonna pay whatever and get the IM Nuvo 40. If I don't get it on sale for Black Friday (I'll actually be out of the country so it might be hard to get it ordered in time) I'll get it from the LFS. The owner there knows me and often gives me a discount. He was the one that I got the Fusion 20 and stand from. It'll probably be the tank I have for a few years, so I definitely want something bigger than the lagoon 25.

No other news on the tank. All is doing well!

I agree with teeny, the 40 is the way to go. It's enough to really do cool stuff with and still manageable with WCs and maintenance.

I think the 40 is the way to go. If it was me, and I consolidated a 29 and a 20 into a 25, I'd feel like I got ripped off :)

I agree with teeny, the 40 is the way to go. It's enough to really do cool stuff with and still manageable with WCs and maintenance.

Yup, this is what I'm gonna do! :)

Really hoping to start a stand this weekend. Thinking 26x26x30, 2x4 framing, skinned with plywood, then painted or stained. This will give me enough room for the tank, plus an edge to set things on when I'm doing maintenance. Also, a few inches behind the tank for the top off container.

Bottom 20-ish inches of the cabinet will hold my cats litter box. And I'll probably drill holes or something for ventilation for him. It'll have one door in front so I can clean out the box and completely remove when I need to, and an open archway for him in the side to get in and out. I'll definitely have a towel rack on one side, and may have a fold-able side table too.

Top 10-ish inches of the cabinet will be for storage of wires (left side compartment) and a pull out drawer for small supplies (pipettes, brushes, dry food). Bigger items and water will have to go on a roll cart in a closet. :happydance:

Sounds like an awesome cabinet you are planning. I have been doing fish tanks forever and it never occurred to me to put a towel rack on the side of the cabinet. That is genius and I plan to have one now!

Sounds like an awesome cabinet you are planning. I have been doing fish tanks forever and it never occurred to me to put a towel rack on the side of the cabinet. That is genius and I plan to have one now!

I live in a small space. I get creative with my storage! ;)

Oooooh a 40? Nice :D. Are you out of the country in November for work or play? :) I'm nosy.

Play! :) I have a sister living near London.

Lagoon 50!!!! :o

Dammit Harold! I forget why initially I didn't want to get this one. Maybe the price.

Oh yeah... Cause my duo won't light that...

HI KIMBER! see you are still in the planning

stages of things? can't wait to see where you go

with it. hard to believe my little 8g is a year old now!

so many hard lessons learned this past year. ha!

but i'm too busy to concentrate on the tank--other

than maintain. it still makes me very happy!

HI KIMBER! see you are still in the planning

stages of things? can't wait to see where you go

with it. hard to believe my little 8g is a year old now!

so many hard lessons learned this past year. ha!

but i'm too busy to concentrate on the tank--other

than maintain. it still makes me very happy!

So glad you "stopped by" Cindy!!

I keep going back and forth on what I want to do! But I have to do something as both tanks get neglected when I just don't have the energy to take care of two!!

Glad your 8g is still puttering along!

consolidating sounds smart!

smaller tanks are demanding!

and puttering along is exactly it!

ain't gonna win any beauty ribbons but

she keeps mama happy. :D

I got a few nice shots of the tank for the 2 month post-reboot celebration!!

Lets start things off with a FTS - Something with this scape makes everyone come out a lot more, I love it!

21639927503_098829590e_z.jpg

Plate

22248113882_7e0feb0f28_z.jpg

2 baby heads on this duncan

21638239494_8ca1de1886_z.jpg

Rickety Cricket :wub:

22074114099_80af6bc7fa_z.jpg

Zia-zoas that loooooove to eat!

22073237338_0b44f6d2de_z.jpg

Lenny...

21638250164_24edd75443_z.jpg

21638253274_70d8863de5_z.jpg