Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to get home and see how my grumpy little guy is doing!

I noticed the last few days that evaporation in my tank is a little high. I'm figuring that's because of the cold, dry weather were starting to get.

I closed the back lid this morning before leaving for work, so I'll see how the water level is when I get home.

I was thinking about getting a humidifier for the living room, but wondering if that would really have any impact on evaporation in the tank...

Cute little Grumpy Pants (?), Grumpy Gus (?), Grumpelstiltskin (?) has been out and about swimming the last few days. Seems like he's getting comfortable in the tank and with his new buddies.

15208558854_0234455733.jpg

WP_20141118_001 by kimothy182, on Flickr

15646595300_e60bfbc07b.jpg

WP_20141119_003 by kimothy182, on Flickr

15831421215_8e19081038.jpg

WP_20141119_006 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Such a cute little face! :wub:

15832988772_52ea97e7f5.jpg

WP_20141119_005 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Is it bad that this makes me hungry? That looks like one seriously tasty cupcake!! :o

You have no idea how many times that has crossed my mind.

Logical me: "You can't eat that."

Inner Child: "But it's sooo colorful!"

Logical me: "That's so you know it's poisonous"

Inner Child: "And SQUISHY!!!"

Logical me; "Put the frag down" :slap:

Is it bad that this makes me hungry? That looks like one seriously tasty cupcake!! :o

Ahahahaha!

NO EATING THE CORAL!!

But now that I think of it... This is what playing with PlayDoh taught kids. All that super colorful "food" to make!

super cute kimber!

and i think you got lucky--because i've heard

those with very shy purple firefish that hide all

the time. yours is already out and about!

is it eating okay? what are you feeding it?

super cute kimber!

and i think you got lucky--because i've heard

those with very shy purple firefish that hide all

the time. yours is already out and about!

is it eating okay? what are you feeding it?

He didn't eat the first day I had him, and only barely ate the second night. He's not used to the turkey baster, so everytime I moved it, even just slightly, he dashed away.

Last night he was bolder and definitely ate more, though still not enough. He needs to learn to be competitive with my clowns - they get all up on the baster, and even nip at it to get food out.

I did pick up some New Life Spectrum Pellets. And my plan is to mix a few of those in with the spirulina brine I've been feeding. I want to try Larry's Reef Frenzy, but it's a bit of a trip to pick some up...

I love this little fishie! Well, I love all my fishies equally!!

I got my DSLR back from BF who was borrowing it for his tank - I can't wait to get home and take some better pics!

Yesterday marked 4 months!! :happydance:

tank is looking sooo good! are you planning on any black friday shopping ;) ???

Yup! Hoping I can hop onto Insane Coral for their Black Friday sale!! Not sure yet if I have to work though...

Everyone is settled in for the night...

Blenny is curled up over the return nozzle, my clowns are gently hovering in the back corner, and even the little firefish has claimed a bed-cave in some space between two rocks.

I'm really getting into this hobby, and I'm so in love with this little reef habitat I've created for my fish and corals!

Everyone is settled in for the night...

Blenny is curled up over the return nozzle, my clowns are gently hovering in the back corner, and even the little firefish has claimed a bed-cave in some space between two rocks.

I'm really getting into this hobby, and I'm so in love with this little reef habitat I've created for my fish and corals!

Your doomed now- upgrades on the way?. It is amazing the little echo systems we put together

Your doomed now- upgrades on the way. It is amazing the little echo systems we put together

How do you spell, "a-d-d-I-c-t-I-o-n"? Don't worry, there are worse things!

I love the firefish's name, Grumpelupagus, LOL. My firefish was Firefly. I guess I have no imagination!

Grumpleupagus is still unofficial, but it's growing on me! That's the name that BF likes. I like Grumpelstiltskin.

BRS had a doorbuster sale on the IM Fusion 40 tanks this morning. $299 for a normally $499 tank. Ouch. That's what I want to upgrade to in the spring. They are out of stock now, which is probably for the best, since I would have had to store it for up to 6 months before I could use it. It's just gonna be hard to swallow paying full price for it later...

Archived