Cultivated Reef

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

The tank is lookin' good. I'm glad that Grumpalapagus respondid well to the treatment and that the coral didn't respond adversely! Hopefully you are done.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tank is lookin' good. I'm glad that Grumpalapagus respondid well to the treatment and that the coral didn't respond adversely! Hopefully you are done.

Thanks!

I was grumpy after taking pictures cause I always feel it could look better.

Getting compliments helps make that feeling go away! :blush:

Thanks!

I was grumpy after taking pictures cause I always feel it could look better.

Getting compliments helps make that feeling go away! :blush:

Exactly how I feel! Great pics and I'm glad Grumpleupagus is doing better.

Creepy Green Monster is an a. sarmentosa I believe. I love it's color and PE. I hope it starts to take off soon, polyps are happy but I haven't noticed any growth.

I think I will just do one treatment for now. I've got plenty of prazipro to retreat if I see more flukes, but feel I should hold off on treating again if I don't need to.

I was going to do two treatments, but now I'm leaning toward one full 7 day treatment. And if I see a problem down the road I'll just dose again :).

I was going to do two treatments, but now I'm leaning toward one full 7 day treatment. And if I see a problem down the road I'll just dose again :).

Everything is looking great in my tank, no signs of flukes and all my corals are nice and open!! I also noticed that most of the red bugs have now disappeared... interesting... I only saw one or two... Because of this, I might do another half treatment of prazi after my water change tomorrow or Friday. I know it won't hurt the tank, and if it happens to kill red bugs as well as flukes then BONUS!

My trumpet coral fell down today - right on top of my plate coral. Both are ok, but a little damaged. Ugh. Poor guys. I'm sure they will bounce back soon. I'll make sure to give em a little extra at dinner time to help them beef back up. I will probably glue the trumpet down since he seems to enjoy his home.

BF brought me home a little rock of zoanthids the other day. I'm having a hard time getting a good, clear pic because they are at the center/back-ish of my tank. Sort of under the xenia. They have pink faces with purple swirled in. When they are closed, the stalk (?) is a sort of sea foam green color. He said they were "designer" and I said... "ohh.... ok...." I just like em cause they are pretty!!

5 months on Friday so I'll get some good pics before my water change!

Everything is looking great in my tank, no signs of flukes and all my corals are nice and open!! I also noticed that most of the red bugs have now disappeared... interesting... I only saw one or two... Because of this, I might do another half treatment of prazi after my water change tomorrow or Friday. I know it won't hurt the tank, and if it happens to kill red bugs as well as flukes then BONUS!

My trumpet coral fell down today - right on top of my plate coral. Both are ok, but a little damaged. Ugh. Poor guys. I'm sure they will bounce back soon. I'll make sure to give em a little extra at dinner time to help them beef back up. I will probably glue the trumpet down since he seems to enjoy his home.

BF brought me home a little rock of zoanthids the other day. I'm having a hard time getting a good, clear pic because they are at the center/back-ish of my tank. Sort of under the xenia. They have pink faces with purple swirled in. When they are closed, the stalk (?) is a sort of sea foam green color. He said they were "designer" and I said... "ohh.... ok...." I just like em cause they are pretty!!

5 months on Friday so I'll get some good pics before my water change!

I think my urchin was a tiny bit sluggish the first few hours...but hard to say for sure since we're talking about an urchin LOL. That was the only thing different that I noticed after dosing. I would love to do a second treatment but I hate having the skimmer and reactor both off for a week. I'm afraid I'll be dealing with cyano after this and I haven't seen any for such a long time! My glass is getting filthy with everything down, that's for sure.

Are red bugs a type of worm? I think this prazipro can work on all types of worms. I wonder about bristleworms though :huh:.

Woot! Almost half a year old :happydance:. Your new zoas sound really pretty!

Are red bugs a type of worm? I think this prazipro can work on all types of worms. I wonder about bristleworms though :huh:.

Woot! Almost half a year old :happydance:. Your new zoas sound really pretty!

I don't think it kills all (most?) worms. I know I still have a couple-a spaghetti worms. And I have a creepy fuzzy worm that I'm pretty sure is a bristle worm. Saw them both yesterday!

Pics coming tonight!

I don't think it kills all (most?) worms. I know I still have a couple-a spaghetti worms. And I have a creepy fuzzy worm that I'm pretty sure is a bristle worm. Saw them both yesterday!

Pics coming tonight!

Yup...saw one of the many bristleworms in my tank today, alive and happy :).

This is my fat cat Rho. As in, the Greek letter. He gets really jealous and annoying when I work on my tank and don't pay attention to him:

15431141994_05d812de85.jpg

IMG_5591 by kimothy182, on Flickr

He's very pretty though. It's ok, you can call him pretty. He doesn't mind, as long as it means he's getting attention:

16051480481_04ca4ae90b.jpg

IMG_5592 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Squiggy's face is getting so dark! She's also nice and fat too:

15865974808_26042e7b0d.jpg

IMG_5608 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Lenny used to be the one out most, but now Squiggy is definitely in charge!

16027653746_34d151882a.jpg

IMG_5604 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Grumpleupagus is fluke free!!

16053433605_6286cf4375.jpg

IMG_5606 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Baby mushroom 1 is about the size of a half dollar:

16053434465_23bd406102.jpg

IMG_5598 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Baby mushroom 2 is about the size of a quarter:

15431146844_eb4736f15c.jpg

IMG_5599 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Baby mushroom 3 (!!) is about the size of a pencil eraser:

15866151200_8a60ee8dc3.jpg

IMG_5600 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Hydnophora still won't die... He's actually starting to puff up and grow again!

16027657816_09c03eb5d5.jpg

IMG_5596 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Two of my trumpet heads are happy. The third (lower) one fell right on top of my plate. I'm sure he'll recover:

15431148954_27ec80e0b4.jpg

IMG_5594 by kimothy182, on Flickr

FIVE MONTH FTS!! All 4 fish are in view! As well as my Christmas tree lights!

15867663417_73b6a038ae.jpg

IMG_5629 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Love the pics! Rho looks like he's doing the kitty eyes thing from Shrek 2 :)

The FTS is spectacular! How long did you have to wait to get all four fish in the pic? :P

Your tank is absolutely GORGEOUS! How dare you feel like it could be better :). It's already wonderful! And I see Christmas lights in the reflection :happydance:.

:blush: Aw shucks!

It should be a yearly requirement to have a FTS with Christmas tree lights in the reflection!

tanks looking beautiful, patience is all you really need at this point I think the only thing that will truly make it better is a little age and growth. It really will look twice as incredible here in a few months.

Looking good Kimber, I'm kinda jealous....my tank has been looking crappy the past couple weeks.

Aww thanks! I'm sure your tank will pick up soon. We are always more critical on our own tanks!

Can't do a water change tonight because I forgot I don't have any salt. :slap: So I'll get salt and do it tomorrow.

As long as were here though... Lenny was out posing when I got home. He was jealous that Squiggy was in the spotlight last night:

16034188106_64df6bf7b5.jpg

IMG_5638 by kimothy182, on Flickr

16059262392_a0994577a1.jpg

IMG_5635 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Anyone know what kind of snail this might be? It's actually purple-ish-pink and white striped. Hopefully not a baddie!!

15872684260_120d861548.jpg

IMG_5633 by kimothy182, on Flickr

And here are those new zoas I got. Pink with purple:

16059263662_fff01438a0.jpg

IMG_5634 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Very hard to photograph in their current location:

16058016361_25d1c48651.jpg

IMG_5588 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Archived