Coral Vue Hydros

Tips on my new Nuvo IM 16 G white

thomas8man

My nitrates are doing amazing they are next to zero I will take a picture of the whole tank and i love your build i was scared to put in a SPS in that tank I have one in my 40g :P.

Thanks for cking it out! Try a Montipora species- they tend to be more forgiving. It's all about keeping parameters as level and even as possible. Good news on your nitrates- look forward to seeing some FTS

Not scared of these tanks proven track record of leaking?

I haven't have a problem I think they fixed it with thicker glass

Thanks for cking it out! Try a Montipora species- they tend to be more forgiving. It's all about keeping parameters as level and even as possible. Good news on your nitrates- look forward to seeing some FTS

Yeah i am going to get one soon just charging the battery of my camera want to get a better one day

Thanks for cking it out! Try a Montipora species- they tend to be more forgiving. It's all about keeping parameters as level and even as possible. Good news on your nitrates- look forward to seeing some pictures

What type of montipora you have ?

What type of montipora you have ?

A bunch of different kinds- Birdsnest,Caps, encrusting types- also ck'd out Stylophora's and Pocillopora's - they also do really real for me

• 2 months later...

Is that open brain in trouble? Can't quite tell looks like it receding . What's the big piece on the right?

it is lobo and it was in my 40g for a couple days but then my 40g was having silicate problems so i moved it over until further notice. But my 40g problem is fixed now and the lobo is still alive just keeps going out but the center of it just not so well and did a fresh water dip for it is doing better

Nice - fresh water dip- gettin after it! I haven't been that brave yet!

All I do is get DI water to any new coral that i get to get off any flatworms or fireworms(do this in a bowl). They hate fresh water and corals are more than able to get swished in for 20 seconds.

All I do is get DI water to any new coral that i get to get off any flatworms or fireworms(do this in a bowl). They hate fresh water and corals are more than able to get swished in for 20 seconds.

Nice. I might have to try that- saw some white spots on my setosa- very small couldn't tell if they are moving- I dipped in revive and scrubbed- we will see

Nice. I might have to try that- saw some white spots on my setosa- very small couldn't tell if they are moving- I dipped in revive and scrubbed- we will see

Yeah it helps at the local fish store I work at we do it if we get new corals because our last shipment had brown flatworms everywhere so we learned :P

• 3 months later...

I am alive and here just been very busy with school and I have been working on my fish tanks slowly. I have taken all the coral out my 16 gallon and put them into my 40 gallon. there are som GSP and zoas that are left in there but now the tank is inhabited by a peacock mantis shrimp.

IM 16 gallon aquarium

• 2 weeks later...

Ha- I can see em in there- any hermits left?

He can slam back 10 1" hermits in one day so might go to my superstore(grocery store) and get a fish food meadly that has shrimp and fish stuff. :P

• 5 months later...

This thread is to be closed because I have decided that I would give my saltwater tank to a kid that wants to learn about fish tanks and understand how they work. After long time contiplation I decided to give him my 16 gallon innovative marine that I used to go into the hobby and learn.

Archived