Cultivated Reef

help turning 10g Caulerpa tank to seahorse tank?

knives2886

Hey everyone i have a 10g tank thats plumbed in with my 55g reef tank. I want to stop growing out my cularpia profillia for feeding and do dwarf seahorses. what kind of flow do i need and what kind of over flow is best? i have a hob pvc overflow i made at the moment but am open to sugestions on what other type of overflow to go with. Also what would some good plants/corals to add to the tank that wont turn into a jungle like the cularpia?

and as for tank mates do you think adding a pair of Bluestripe Pipefish, hermits and six line will be ok with them? i only say 6 line because i have bad bristle worms in the tank.

heres a picture of the tank

2ry6ib4.jpg

jmorriso001

I have never had sea horses before but wouldn't a six line compete for food with the sea horses. In such a small system I don't think it would work well. Cool tank by the way. Must have low nitrates : )

There is some good info on dwarf seahorses if you read thru fishygirl's thread, 1g dwarf and nanofreak's thread 2.5 g dwarf. It'll alert you to some of the red flags to watch for when doing a dwarf seahorse tank.

Archived