Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TigerLily's IM 30L - Happy Tankiversary!

TigerLily

That slug is too cute. Are your powerheads covered?

They weren't, but you made me feel responsible for a hitchhiker slug! I went and put the spongy cover back on my mp10. Although... Unless I have several of these slugs (which is possible) he's already made the trip from the back to the front through my return pump, unscathed. I found him on my filter floss once in the back, and he fell down into the fuge box when I tried to rescue him. And yet here he is climbing all over...

Looking great!

-D

Oh lordy I love your tank. It makes me feel things -- beautiful things.

love that new FTS!

I spy the calk bass :D tank is looking fab.

I don't typically like to use this word, as it has been horribly overused by jive-talking teenagers.. but your tank is epic. My brain overloads because every inch of it is a focal point. Nice work!

I am noticing all the people with catbeard avatars have nice tanks.. maybe I need to catbeard too. That's really the secret to reefing.

You got some really nice corals piling up in that tank :D

You all are very kind! I am quite happy with the tank right now, and if I can get things to start growing I'll be ecstatic. I especially like the parts of the tank where things are starting to grow together. That's really what I want to have happen all over. I'm working on stabilizing my dosing. Hopefully that is the trick!

And yes. Cat-bearding is key. Doooo it!

• Like 2

Holy crap! This all happened just since this morning!

17266048772_54b6260a59_c.jpg

I'm about to yank the dragon scale out of the tank and do some major surgery…

Wow. It was literally melting before my eyes! I've fragged it, dipped it and put it back in the tank. I've got three separate pieces now and I've put them in three separate places just in case location had something to do with it. The RTN seems to have stopped for now, although it was pretty dramatic so I don't have high hopes. Everything else in the tank is happy but I'll doublecheck all my levels tonight just in case.

Wow. It was literally melting before my eyes! I've fragged it, dipped it and put it back in the tank. I've got three separate pieces now and I've put them in three separate places just in case location had something to do with it. The RTN seems to have stopped for now, although it was pretty dramatic so I don't have high hopes. Everything else in the tank is happy but I'll doublecheck all my levels tonight just in case.

Well that's stressful! Hope it all works out okay!!!!

• Like 2

Unfortunately I woke up to complete whiteness on the big frag and spots of RTN on the smaller ones. I pulled it out of the tank yesterday. The dragon scale millie is no more. :(

• 4 weeks later...

So... I got my tank and for the most part I'm very happy. It is a pretty tank and I can't wait to fill it up. One thing I'm not happy with is the screen top. While the tank is sleek and clean, the top is cheap, ill-fitting and badly made. The white plastic net is weird looking and isn't tight - it's wavy. The border is wide and the corners are really sloppy.

Really disappointing. So I decided to make my own. I got a screen kit from Home Depot and some black nylon tulle from the fabric store. Wish me luck! I'll post pictures when it's done.

In other news, I have distilled water sitting in the tank right now, doing my leak test. I filled the various chambers with different levels of water to make sure there was no seeping under the baffles or from front to back. It looks pretty good, but I definitely have some seepage between my left skimmer chamber and the return chamber. After a few hours I checked the tank and the water levels were even in those chambers. I ordered some aquarium safe silicon from amazon (HD didn't have any) and should have it tomorrow. I'm planning to shore up the silicon seal between those two chambers. My question to you AIO owners is... Is it really necessary? I figure that once water is actually flowing, 99% of the water is going to flow the way it is supposed to. Who cares whether some of the water gets back to the return chamber under the baffle instead of over it? There are no other leaks or seepage. What say you all? Thanks!

Some pics of the ugly top...

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

i had the exact same small leak between chambers. quick re silicone and all good now. I also added an acrylic brace to the return section to prevent bowing like others have experienced

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness I have been MIA! I even missed last month's FTS. :huh: In an effort to atone for my negligence ( ;)) here is a short tank video I took with my phone a few days ago. I'm updating the first post as well with this FTS:

18709390269_2f5528a78a_z.jpg

Everything has been just humming right along. No big changes since losing the brain and the dragon scale; just tweaking and maintenance. I have turned my lights back up a bit since the brain died and my colors seem to be responding well. Yes, that monti cap does look that neon green in real life :wub: .

If anyone has any clues about my un-bubble tips, please let me know. The guy at my LFS seems to think that they will bubble back up once they adjust to my light, but they've been like that for-EVER. They're just so stringy and bleh. I can't get rid of them though because Tony the Evil Clown would have a nervous breakdown. He's getting so big too. I feel like I should rearrange things and get him an LTA down in the sand somewhere… I don't know. Are there any carpets that stay small enough for a corner of my tank and host? I need to do some research. :rolleyes:

Here's the video - enjoy!

• Like 6

lovely vid :)

Thank you!

Very nice- love that Chalk bass. Tanks looking great! What did you shoot the video with?

Thank you! I love the chalk basses too! They have been a great addition. Peaceful but not too shy.

I took the video with just my iphone 5C. If you look carefully you can see the reflection of my phone case in a couple of spots. :blush:

• Like 1

18750559000_fc63760422_c.jpg

Yes, that is what it looks like. My urchin picked up my clam. I had gotten used to his zoa stealing antics but this is too much. The urchin kept trying to clean the clam until it got annoyed and finally let go of it's rock. Then he was able to pick it up and wander off. He has officially gone too far! The urchin (who is such a great algae eater) will be put into the back chambers until the clam settles down again and I decide what to do.

• Like 9