Pod Your Reef

TigerLily's IM 30L - Happy Tankiversary!

TigerLily

I was just logging in to post an update and what do I see in the NanoBox thread? My NanoBox is complete! I cannot wait to get it. I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa… Here's a link to Dave's Flickr pic of it.

https://flic.kr/p/oZX3mS

In other news, there isn't much to report! My fish are all doing well, as is my little hitchhiker zoa. My wrasse no longer hides and is out all day long, being beautiful. "She" has even starting flashing at the larger blenny and defending her tunnel where she usually hangs out. Nothing really aggressive though… and the thick-headed blenny is oblivious and doesn't seem to be bothered much by her anyway. Here is a picture of "Cinderella" (named by a six-year old girl ;)). The blennies are still camera shy and won't come near wherever I am holding an iPhone or iPad. Maybe they prefer android?

15119033652_c00d093eb6.jpg

• Like 4

looking good, I like the light too. I had a guy asking about my radians and I said I like them however if I would have known about nano sooner I would have ordered one instead.

• Like 1
looking good, I like the light too. I had a guy asking about my radians and I said I like them however if I would have known about nano sooner I would have ordered one instead.

Thanks! I am soooooo excited about the light. The way everyone raves about it... I hope my expectations aren't too high.

Thanks! I am soooooo excited about the light. The way everyone raves about it... I hope my expectations aren't too high.

They aren't. The color they let off is just incredible from what I have seen from other LED's.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the colors of your light!!!! You will really love having it. Here's a tip. If you get the storm controller. You can press the turny knob thingy or turn it like a radio dial. There's a short press and a LONG press. Remember the LONG press :lol:. That had me stumped at first. Couldn't figure out how to get to the place to program everything :). Of course, I'm mechanically challenged too :D.

Oh and the wrasse is gorgeous!

• Like 1
Love the colors of your light!!!! You will really love having it. Here's a tip. If you get the storm controller. You can press the turny knob thingy or turn it like a radio dial. There's a short press and a LONG press. Remember the LONG press :lol:. That had me stumped at first. Couldn't figure out how to get to the place to program everything :). Of course, I'm mechanically challenged too :D.Oh and the wrasse is gorgeous!

I am getting the storm controller, so thank you for the tip!

• Like 1

I am still waiting for my light, which should be here this week… fingers crossed! In the meantime, I've been adding to the tank's non-photosynthetic residents and I have a few pics to share.

Meet Gretel the goby* shown here next to a levitating tuxedo urchin, named Neymar. Gretel has been with us for about a week and seems to have settled in well. She eats like a champ and chases off all fish who get too close to her den. I added Hansel the pistol shrimp yesterday, and he immediately disappeared into the nearby rockwork. I tried to get him into the tank near the goby so I'm hopeful that they will find each other soon and take up residence.

15061487857_e8752fcf0b.jpg

I also picked up this big beautiful feather duster yesterday. So pretty!

15247687162_54fe821534.jpg

Finally, just for fun… here's Cinderella the flasher wrasse, looking beautiful.

15189126335_a09f3eed04.jpgi

Hopefully my next update will be with corals!!! I've totally got my first round of corals picked out… :ninja:

*all critters must be named when you have small children in the house. :P

• Like 4
love the goby!

Me too! So cute and funny.

Love Hansel and Gretel! And that new feather duster, whoa that's pretty.

I really love the feather duster. They had another one with yellow and purplish feathers. I want to go back and get that one too!

• Like 3

The NanoBox is in the house! And, it is installed over my tank… So far so good! The only problem is that I now see how dirty my tank is - so you'll have to wait until I get things cleaned up for pics.

In the meantime, this happened last night… Our new baby bulldog arrived. Here's Pirlo!

15271283962_75c18a5707.jpg

Ok, and just one NanoBox pic to prove that it's here… Don't look too close! More pics to come soon...

15085331429_a6ff17e862_n.jpg

• Like 9

i love your new goby! it's definitely in the running for my tank. also, i feel you on the names....i have a 19 month old who named our two clownfish "shoe" and "oh no" (but we call her yoko).

what corals are on your list?

• Like 2

The NanoBox is in the house! And, it is installed over my tank… So far so good! The only problem is that I now see how dirty my tank is - so you'll have to wait until I get things cleaned up for pics.

In the meantime, this happened last night… Our new baby bulldog arrived. Here's Pirlo!

Oh sweet wrinkly-face goodness. :wub:

• Like 1

Ok, and just one NanoBox pic to prove that it's here… Don't look too close! More pics to come soon...

15085331429_a6ff17e862_n.jpg

omgomgomg soooo awesome. And what a cutie pie :happy: Congrats on both new treasures :).

LOL...I was the SAME. I was like....my tank is soooo "dirty". You can see everything with good lighting :D.

• Like 1

Oh yeah that's sweet. Makes me want to sell the hydra 52 and talk to Dave.

Thanks! So cool to be able to adjust all of the colors! I was totally entertaining myself last night programming the light and playing with the colors. Do it Elmer, join the club B)

i love your new goby! it's definitely in the running for my tank. also, i feel you on the names....i have a 19 month old who named our two clownfish "shoe" and "oh no" (but we call her yoko).

what corals are on your list?

Thanks - I think that's my favorite fish! A clown named Shoe - too funny!

I am planning softies and lps mostly. Maybe some monti… I can't stop drooling over the monti in Gena's tank. I ordered a few corals in anticipation of my light's arrival… big reveal once I get things cleaned up in there! :ninja:

omgomgomg soooo awesome. And what a cutie pie :happy: Congrats on both new treasures :).

LOL...I was the SAME. I was like....my tank is soooo "dirty". You can see everything with good lighting :D.

Thank you! Right? I was horrified at what a mess everything was! I have to work today, <_< but hopefully I'll have everything cleaned up and ready for a photo op tomorrow.

Wow, that is quite the light :)

Yes, I'm really happy so far! Watching the sunset in my tank last night was really cool.

ohhhh that puppy!!

very cool dog, oh and light too I guess, but dat doggy... I love it.

Oh sweet wrinkly-face goodness. :wub:

Thank you!! He's a sweetheart for sure. But now… housetraining. Yuck. :wacko:

• Like 3

Yesterday we had a very eventful trip to the LFS! Something unplanned and not quite right always happens when my husband comes along. :eek:

Last time he came with me (about 4 weeks ago) we came home with a pair of ORA tank raised Picasso Clowns. Not my first choice at all. They were expensive and have been extremely boring fish, hanging out behind the rocks doing nothing. Yesterday, we came home with a giant… I mean GIANT long tentacle nem to host them… in hopes of luring them out to where we can see them.

To be fair, the LTA was not as big in the LFS tank or I wouldn't have OK'd it. Of course the clowns are hiding still, but we will give them time. The LTA is still right where I put it and as long as it doesn't grow quickly or start walking around the tank, it can stay. I took the precaution of moving a few things (including my tiny little RBTA) away in case it starts to move or stretch out even more. We will just have a tank dedicated to the LTA, I guess. ;) It is pretty.

We also picked up a pretty wellso open brain, a maxima clam and a closed brain. Here are the pics for now. I'll also get a new frontal FTS once my lights come on to update the first post. The LTA sure takes up a lot of real estate!

FTS with NanoBox

15120696829_5b2d6204c8_z.jpg

Left side, featuring the sea plume, open brain and clam (and if you really look, the little RBTA with its anemone shrimp):

15121376499_977160af55_z.jpg

Right side, featuring the monster LTA, ricordia row (look hard for spotted anemone shrimp #2) and the closed brain:

15121538958_3568fa2e88_z.jpg

Close up of ricordia row and its tenant:

15111771489_1769c38ba6_z.jpg

Oh, and this happens a lot. :wub:

15298176192_4bfd3cedb3_z.jpg

So does this. :P

15307837072_987882cbc7_z.jpg

• Like 6

FTS updated:

15122510367_ca89f3460c_z.jpg

The clowns are out and about checking out the monster, so that is good. The male especially looks interested. The clam looks very fluffy and happy today. Actually everything looks fluffy and happy!

The bad news is that my yellow striped blenny has something wrong with him. He has a white area on his head that looks like an injury and he is uncharacteristically quiet. Swimming fine, but not swimming much. I hope he didn't get too close to the monster and get stung. I had my hands in the tank a lot yesterday so maybe he dove into some rock to hide and hurt himself? I don't know but will be watching him closely.

• Like 2