inTank Media Baskets

Just placed a order with saltcritters.com

Addinali

I Just placed a order with saltcritters.com using there 20k coupon to get 40% off. I got 19 frags for $97.35 shipped. You just cant beat that.

Will post pics when they come in.

I had a good experience with them a couple weeks ago. I ordered a few zoa frags and they all opened up within an hour of being put into my tank. No heat/cooling packs were included but they obviously didn't need them since there was no die off. Their prices are unbeatable.

I had a good experience with them a couple weeks ago. I ordered a few zoa frags and they all opened up within an hour of being put into my tank. No heat/cooling packs were included but they obviously didn't need them since there was no die off. Their prices are unbeatable.

I think the problem is that SPS corals, which bpounds1991 and I ordered, are much more sensitive than say LPS and soft corals are.

I think the problem is that SPS corals, which bpounds1991 and I ordered, are much more sensitive than say LPS and soft corals are.

You're probably right. I just wanted people who might be thinking about purchasing from them to know that Saltcritters does have successful shipments. Hopefully your and Bpounds experiences aren't the norm for SPS orders.

Fwiw, cold packs are useless. They typically don't last more than a few hours and basically do nothing more than fuel major temp swings.

Fwiw, cold packs are useless. They typically don't last more than a few hours and basically do nothing more than fuel major temp swings.

Sadly as we are finding out Glenn......

Sadly as we are finding out Glenn......
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully they make it right for you guys.

What was the local temperature like where you guys that ordered live?

I used that coupon, got lots of st thomas shrooms, zoa's and blastos, all did well in shipping and are happy. Not quite the same as SPS though.

The reason I have not posted a picture is beacuse a few corals died off The next day when they came in they came in very dirty water but the corals looked fine. I put them in the tank they looked upset but ok.

The next morning the anemone was looking terrible and 4 of the lps died. It was just a $10 rock anemone so i said screw it and threw it away it was not sticky at all. A little updat for today all the zoas made it and my acan made it so I lost 4 of the LPS the Anemone and one Ricordia.

Tested my water that day with 2 different temp probes the temp was.

81.2 on one and 80.9 on the other

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 5-10

MyJasmineRose

I ordered a mystery box and got it Friday, everything has looked great. Came with a cooling pack, everything at a good temp. The favia was a little dinged on the corner but has already healed, rics looking good, zoas too, sun coral no longer starving. I got a clam as well and she's beautiful, but I'm having difficulties with her, but she's under 2" and that size doesn't have the best survival record >_>

I think the the thing is if you're ordering zoas, LPS, other soft corals, they usually do alright when shipped in less than optimal conditions. However, if you're looking for Acros/SPS, you may want to look elsewhere....

JMO

Archived