Top Shelf Aquatics

yellowband possum wrasse food question

dottybackss

dottybackss

I am wondering do they eat pods because I had read that they'll pick on live rock for food. I have a spotted mandarin in my tank already but it takes pellets and frozen (mysis and brine). I currently having a 18 inches medium HOB refugium on the back also which is full of pods so I am wondering do they get enough food if the wrasse dose eat pods from the rocks.

My tanaka eats dwarf cerths. He grabs them and shakes the crap out of them until they come out of the shell, then swims there body up to my powerhead and shreds them into the water column. I have seen him do this several times.

Yeah he is always picking at my lr looking for pods. I add new pods every 3 months or so or when the lfs gets a new batch in

My wrasse eats pods off my rocks but eats all frozen stuff too. I do not supplement pods at all in my 16G and hes fat and happy!

My wrasse eats pods off my rocks but eats all frozen stuff too. I do not supplement pods at all in my 16G and hes fat and happy!

+1. Mine will also eat the tiny NLS pellets

He will compete for pods but if you have enough pods and a large enough tank I wouldnt think it should be an issue. How big is the tank?

My possum wrasses have always ate pods and brittle stars. I have also seen them pick harmless flatworms off rocks in other tanks.

It start to eat everything I feed now then i rarely seen he eats pods now. Do they go well with Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse? My gf just bought both of them for her 35g with lot of live rocks?

Mine ate flakes day 2, but I got him for brown flatworms and he's done a great job keeping them in check. Some days he gobbles a few flakes when I feed and some days he completely ignores them.

Archived