inTank Media Baskets

B's 65 Gallons of Doom

jbb

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'd only known you needed some help....

Not sure I need help with the drinking , I seem to have that one perfected. Mental help on the other hand... Yeah

Brief update:

Jebao DC 3000 ordered

MP10 bought used

Plumbing - almost figured out

Working on cable management plan

Still looking for skimmer

So cobalt makes a filter mod that turns a HOB filter into a filter/vac if you will. The price is a little steep imo for what it actually is so I thought why not use this :

https://cobaltaquatics.com/caproduct/water-pumps/cobalt-e-x-t-inline-pump-2/

An inline pump with vinyl tubing and just let it dump into a filter sock. It will come in handy for vacuuming the sump .

I will report back on the results :)

I consider this a modification more than an upgrade, so you might be safe

Good, because I think I've talked my self into something larger than 105 if I do ever upgrade....

Good, because I think I've talked my self into something larger than 105 if I do ever upgrade....

In that case this is a big ass upgrade ... You need to catch up :slap:

lol, don't think I'd actually order through them, but something like a 60x24x24 w/ double corner overflows.... it's got a lot of possibilities.... Though, it doesn't play well with standard T5 fixtures.

I mean I could go 24"x8 bulbs + 36"x8 bulb, but that would just look weird I'd think. And 2x 24" wouldn't give enough coverage! Although, if I wanted to go $$$, I'd just turn the fixtures 90 degrees and put 4x 24"x8 bulbs... 32 bulbs to replace every 12 months could get expensive though!

Yeah, I know that last 6" is a PITA to work in, but I think it gives a lot in terms of looks. I dunno though. Doesn't matter, I won't spend that much on one till after I win the lotto.

Archived