Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

B's 65 Gallons of Doom

jbb

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The frame was already black, but I just sprayed the entire thing with fusion. It has been 100+ degrees here so it dried in about 2 seconds.

Going to run like this for a while. Rock on upper right is WAY to big I know, but I have others that I will be playing with to get it just right.

14929492426_e0c7348a31_c.jpg

will you be going with kats suggestions of 2 single pumps?

Possibly so, it will be maxi-jet 1200's if I go that route. Or maybe the red sea upgrade pumps if they fit, need to talk to some red sea peeps first.

I have less than 3" of space, how wide is the pump ?

• Output: 357 GPH
  • Maximum Head Height: 6 Ft
  • Power Consumption: 23W
  • Inlet: 1/2" Female NPT or 3/8"-9/16" Hose
  • Outlet: 1/2" Female NPT or 3/8"-9/16" Hose
  • Dimensions: 4.05" x 2.36" x 3.07"

thats what bulk has to say. maybe give them a call they are super helpful

• Output: 357 GPH
  • Maximum Head Height: 6 Ft
  • Power Consumption: 23W
  • Inlet: 1/2" Female NPT or 3/8"-9/16" Hose
  • Outlet: 1/2" Female NPT or 3/8"-9/16" Hose
  • Dimensions: 4.05" x 2.36" x 3.07"

thats what bulk has to say. maybe give them a call they are super helpful

I'll look into it , thanks

Spiderguardnano

no man. <3 they are awesome pumps as you might know. the one i had you couldnt even hear it running out of water

will it fit?????

Love the rock work and your aquarium is off to a great beginning. Just make sure you have enough room around the glass to allow for a magnet to clean the glass. One upgrade I liked on my aquarium was to add spin streams. This gives you the benefit of better flow and surface agitation for greater oxygen exchange. Makes a nice shimmer with LED's or metal halides.

room for a sicce 1.5?
Keep hearing about these pumps and many aquarists are changing to them. What makes these pumps special? Quiet operation and output? Thinking of doing 2 single sicce's for my Fusion 30 if everyone is highly recommending them.

will it fit?????

If the 2.36 is the width of the pump then yes it will.

Love the rock work and your aquarium is off to a great beginning. Just make sure you have enough room around the glass to allow for a magnet to clean the glass. One upgrade I liked on my aquarium was to add spin streams. This gives you the benefit of better flow and surface agitation for greater oxygen exchange. Makes a nice shimmer with LED's or metal halides.

Keep hearing about these pumps and many aquarists are changing to them. What makes these pumps special? Quiet operation and output? Thinking of doing 2 single sicce's for my Fusion 30 if everyone is highly recommending them.

Thanks

There is plenty of room for glass cleaning, so no worries. The spin streams seem bulky to me, but when I got to see one it was on an 8g so I'm sure that had a little bit to do with it.

I made the decision to stay with black sand. I really like the look, and it never gets that dirty appearance that the white sands can sometimes get.

Obsessed Reefer

I made the decision to stay with black sand. I really like the look, and it never gets that dirty appearance that the white sands can sometimes get.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to set back up my 8g nuvo, and am planning to go with black sand in it. For my 20G through, i am going with Fiji Pink.

they are very well made and super quiet. i would love to have more for my tank. just never had the cash. you really get what you pay for

I'm 99% sure I'm going to set back up my 8g nuvo, and am planning to go with black sand in it. For my 20G through, i am going with Fiji Pink.

I almost bought a bag of Fiji today, but the Hawaiian Black was calling my name.

never been a fan of black sand. change my mind bryan

To me, the color of the coral appear brighter. Then again, I wear glasses so take it for what it's worth.

Archived