Pod Your Reef

B's 65 Gallons of Doom

jbb

First person to see the tank was Kat, and immediately she comments on the white mesh standing out "like a sore thumb". The more I looked at it, the more I agreed soooooooooooooooooooo.

no mo white mesh

14752502720_492dc9526e_c.jpg

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hows the quality of the mesh top? it looks nice black but i read they look / feel cheap on the Fusion 30L. wont the edge block out light? also, is there a cover the back chamber?

It's very light weight, but it is more rigid that making one out of window screen. The frame around the mesh is 1 1/8" wide and doesn't seem as if it will interfere with the lighting at all, but I will keep you posted on that. There is not a cover over the back chamber, but mine will be covered soon.

Ooh in a few weeks can you do a review on it since this is the tank I'm looking into to start.

That's the plan, I've had a few people ask for it. Is there anything in particular that you are looking to see ?

Should I MP10 this thing or no ?

Black sand again or no ?

should probably start a poll, but I cant figure out how to do that , so just answer my questions. :P

MP10 if you can afford it/want it. Otherwise I'd say a Jebao RW or Tunze nanostream.

I kinda liked my black sand. I'm going to try BB soon with the bottom of the tank painted either white/tan or black.

Spiderguardnano

looking forward to this build

this will be my next tank upgrade forsure

can you post your upgrades to the tank

baskets return pumps etc

hopefully md gets eveything fixed

What did you use to paint the screen top? What are you going to make the back cover out of?

Satin Black Krylon Fusion to spray the screen.

For the back cover I will either use ABS , or just regular acrylic either ordered in black, or sprayed with the fusion

looking forward to this build

this will be my next tank upgrade forsure

can you post your upgrades to the tank

baskets return pumps etc

hopefully md gets eveything fixed

so far I haven't made any upgrades to the tank other than the painting of the screen top. From what I have read the baskets from the Nuovo 16 will fit this tank, so I will order those from StevieT and help keep the jet fueled.

As far as the repair, I will probably just repair it myself. It isn't anything that causes the tank to be unsafe to use, and isn't an area that actually holds water so I will just make them aware of the problem so they can fix future tanks, and I will keep this one.

Will keep my fingers crossed. Looking forward to seeing some sand and live rock in there. Nice job with the aquarium cover. Does it fit nicely? previous covers had gaps where fish could jump through.

Nice job with the aquarium cover. Does it fit nicely? previous covers had gaps where fish could jump through.

it is a somewhat loose fit, but if you take a second or two to center it, then I don't see fish making it out. I will include it in my video review of the tank.

Good luck!

Will keep my fingers crossed. Looking forward to seeing some sand and live rock in there.

thanks guys

That's the plan, I've had a few people ask for it. Is there anything in particular that you are looking to see ?

Not really just like filtration design other factors like that

Hmmm, I really like that black mesh. Color shouldn't change anything right?

it's possible, but the holes in the mesh are 1/4" so it shouldn't block too much.

Oooh I love this tank...I may have a tank to upgrade my nano cube.

I like the painted mesh much better B.

Thanks Maria

I might have to snag some macro from you once I get it up and running.

Archived