Coral Vue Hydros

Hannah Alkalinity Test worth the buy?

Admonition

So I've been using a Redsea test kit for alk and I'm having problems with it and my result. I've messaged the company and they really weren't too big of a help. So, I'm looking for a different kit. That being said, I'm really interested in the Hannah checker for Alkalinity. Reading up on it I have found that they recently switched to a liquid reagent instead of the powder packs.

My question is, has anyone used this product with the liquid and do you recommend it?

Easy to use and accurate results. Reagent goes quick though. It tests consistent with salifert readings I get. I prefer the hanna but have heard mixed reviews with the ca tester.

I have red sea and.hannah. Honestly they test the same just it is nice to be lazy and test with the.hannah. like atrox said the reagent goes quickly

My issue is basically what was discussed here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/339429-red-sea-alkalinity-test-end-color/?fromsearch=1

I'm just over guessing what counts as the end color. I have problems with the Calc or Mag test, just the Alk

Okay thanks, I think I'll pick up the Hannah checker for alk

Thanks, I hate when the colors are close and I feel like I am guessing. Salifert is different, the color clearly changes from one to another and is easy to read.

I think I will give their Mg a shot though since that one doesn't seem to be a problem?

The hanna alk refill is expensive. 10 bucks for just 25 tests. Ugh.

Dylan, it's funny you say that because when it comes to greens and blues I am lol. I have the hardest time with these dang kits, and usually ask my wife to pick which color matches hah.

Salifert is a rock solid reliable KH test. I had issues with the Red Sea kits as well. First kit was great, but I bought a replacement bottle and the color was completely different and no longer the sharp color change. Not sure if they have changed and these are just old stock floating around but I gave up on them and switched to all Salifert tests.

Archived