Coral Vue Hydros

NEW! Fusion Nano 10 & Fusion Nano 20 Aquariums

Marine Depot

Because it's not MarineDepots fault. They just got the tanks in and distributed it out to those pre-ordered. Here is the point where I can say I told you so about IM or I can just observe further and await response from others.

I still fail to see why you are so adamant to "prove" that IM is a bad company. Its unfortunate that the tank arrived to jbb damaged but I'm sure it will be replaced...plus we are only seeing the very beginning of the release of these tanks lets not jump to conclusions just yet...

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly.

Your argument was that their filtration is inadequate, and that they will never release what you consider to be a "perfect" system. The area in question is where silicone is used against plastic which is a known issue for anyone. This is something that could have easily happened during shipping, and may not be IM's doing at all. So for you to automatically assume that this is a manufacturing issue is unfair.

No, my overall point is that IM's tanks are rushed which leads to AIO flaws such as the issue yours have. I cleared layed that out in my build thread.

No, my overall point is that IM's tanks are rushed which leads to AIO flaws such as the issue yours have. I cleared layed that out in my build thread.

How do you know they were rushed? Did they disclose the design plan and timeline somewhere?

From what I've seen through my time on forums the only issue IM has had in previous tanks is cracking where curved glass is involved. This is not limited to just IM tanks though. Curved glass is notorious for cracking regardless of brand.

I still fail to see why you are so adamant to "prove" that IM is a bad company. Its unfortunate that the tank arrived to jbb damaged but I'm sure it will be replaced...plus we are only seeing the very beginning of the release of these tanks lets not jump to conclusions just yet...

Wrong!! I never said IM was a bad company. I said the tanks are overhyped with flaws. I am just trying to wake hobbyists up and make them conscientious buyers. I made the mistake of using impulse to buy the tanks and won't let it happen again. You can take the experience and use it or you can be the fanboy you are turning out to be and defend every defect till the day you die.

How do you know they were rushed? Did they disclose the design plan and timeline somewhere?

The product itself shows it is rushed.

No, my overall point is that IM's tanks are rushed which leads to AIO flaws such as the issue yours have.

again you are assuming this is IM's fault. This could easily be a heat related issue due to time of year in which it was shipped, it was 103* here today and I'm guessing it was a little warmer than that on the UPS truck. Excessive heat and silicone are not a good match, and can lead to problems such as mine. So before we start bashing a company lets make sure we are 100% with our information.

again you are assuming this is IM's fault. This could easily be a heat related issue due to time of year in which it was shipped, it was 103* here today and I'm guessing it was a little warmer than that on the UPS truck. Excessive heat and silicone are not a good match, and can lead to problems such as mine. So before we start bashing a company lets make sure we are 100% with our information.

The heat did it....you could have come up with a better explanation than that. It would have to be extreme temperatures for a seal to break like that. In that case, you would see indication of the sealant deforming from the heat. That is a clean intact seal that wasn't properly cured long enough. The tank was moved before it got a chance to. I will leave you to it. Make sure you call IM, directly, so they can send you a replacement directly from their facility. Sorry about your tank and good luck.

The heat did it....you could have come up with a better explanation than that. It would have to be extreme temperatures for a seal to break like that. In that case, you would see indication of the sealant deforming from the heat. That is a clean intact seal that wasn't properly cured long enough. The tank was moved before it got a chance to. I will leave you to it. Make sure you call IM, directly, so they can send you a replacement directly from their facility. Sorry about your tank and good luck.

never said it was for certain

Well I'm pretty confused now. I went to track my packages and they are still stuck at order label received...that's it. Local stores have had the tanks since thursday...Hope its a mistake.

Diggin' that rock! I think I'm going to head to lowes today and buy a sheet of glass or acrylic for the top and some small pipe caps or something. That way I can have my XR15 in use while I wait for the mount

How much live rock did you use?

I have no idea to be honest. I looked in my 90, found the pieces that I liked, and grabbed them.

I'm probably down to about 15g total volume after sand and rocks though .

Marine Depot

IMG_2315_zps5c1696f3.jpg

Started set up yesterday! Due to part impatience and a tad will to save money, I took the risk and hung my Radion!

IMG_2320_zps97440b39.jpg

Looks great! :wub:

Cured Rocks means move in!
IMG_2339_zps89cf9e22.jpg
Really liking the way my room looks with this fusion! Before;
IMG_2329_zpsc453b2d6.jpg
After;
IMG_2342_zps7d46634d.jpg
I think it really opens up my room. Two things that are currently bugging me tough...My Apex Fusion is down and my skimmer is pumping out micro bubbles like no tomorrow.

Marine Depot

IMG_2342_zps7d46634d.jpg

Love the aquascape! Love it all, really. It came together so nicely. How do you like the light so far?

Love the aquascape! Love it all, really. It came together so nicely. How do you like the light so far?

Thank you! I knew I wanted to keep the scape long and low for SPS down the line. At the far right of the scape the most forward rock is actually separated from the main scape. Hoping to utilize that area for some zoas!

I love the look of the light. Unfortunately since my Apex Fusion is down I haven't been able to play with the color settings/cycle.

Archived