Pod Your Reef

relocating Hawaiian Feather duster?

CatfishSoupFTW

CatfishSoupFTW

so i rescaped my 10 gallon, as i had too many skeletons in there, taking up space. Now, i got this one skeleton, i put back because I found a hole with a fairly large feather duster. Instead of killing it off, i put it back in the tank, except with the LR skeleton looking out of place, its been driving me nuts. lol

is there any way I can maybe mildly upset him so that he pops out and relocates? i dont have many of the larger feather dusters so i dont want to kill the poor guy. he coo. xD obviously, i know not to pull him from his crown as that would lead to escalating problems. But i have seen my other feather dusters relocate. SO. how can we move this guy?

you think if the LR is mildly out of the water, he will frantically come out?

CatfishSoupFTW

a Pic would be useless because its in a hole in the LR skeleton so i only see it when the crown is out. It looks exactly like my other one which has the soft worm like body and i have seen him move. So as for body I have no idea. :s so i assume yes its bendy? but then the fact that its in a hole. i dunno.

have you got a pick? is the tube calcerous or is it soft and bendy? soft and bendy tubes can relocate.

CatfishSoupFTW

Minor update. Took the skeleton out of the water. It comes out of the hole, about an inch or so in length. it looks all squishy. and then it just hides again . so i dip the skeleton , bring it back out and same thing.

I dont want to pull it out as that sounds like a bad idea. Id be able to get a firm grip but it is a worm...

tc2qrwdzftfsk1jfg.jpg

Minor update. Took the skeleton out of the water. It comes out of the hole, about an inch or so in length. it looks all squishy. and then it just hides again . so i dip the skeleton , bring it back out and same thing.

I dont want to pull it out as that sounds like a bad idea. Id be able to get a firm grip but it is a worm...

tc2qrwdzftfsk1jfg.jpg

hey catfish, i have piece of that rock with the same worms in it.... sorry, but those worms won't relocate.

i have the rock strategically placed so the worms don't get buried. the worms do have a nice crown. looks like this one has a large crown. try to place it where it shows. other than that, i think if you try and remove it, you'll end up killing it.

CatfishSoupFTW

hey catfish, i have piece of that rock with the same worms in it.... sorry, but those worms won't relocate.

i have the rock strategically placed so the worms don't get buried. the worms do have a nice crown. looks like this one has a large crown. try to place it where it shows. other than that, i think if you try and remove it, you'll end up killing it.

ah damn, the piece is just too large for my tank. I cut off the end where he chills... jokes on me as his hole is way deeper than i thought. lol he is fine, but i just cant seem to get him out.

dont want the LR but i dont want him dead either.

Archived