Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Future Accessories

Nic

How far off are the various aquarium controller sensors and accessories from a beta test and/or release to the public? I'm trying to compare the BlueFish Controller to an Apex Controller, is there any way you could go through a rundown of future capabilities of the BlueFish in comparison to an Apex Lite? I appreciate the help!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Nic - I asked a similar question in one of his threads recently. I was mostly concerned with temp control and potentially other sensor add-ons with a controllable power strip (basic RKL functionality). He said maybe in 6 months or so...

SpencerShepard

Thanks Gabe and Ben. Gonna bump this and see if I can get a response about compatibility with AI products.

Hi Nic,

Sorry, Bluefish isn't compatible with AI products. I actually approached them with the intention of providing compatibility, but they weren't interested.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I can't imagine why a company would not welcome such an expansion via independent controllers. Well, I'm still in need of a good aquarium controller and it sounds like Bluefish is going to double nicely as one. I appreciate the help guys.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at the menu once you have the app completely running you can see that there will be Outlets and Sensors that are planned for the future.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Bump bump. Trying to decide between the storm and this. If the sensors and outlets are close, I will be going the bluefish direction.

Well, the alternative (the Storm) doesn't have an upgrade path.

jedimasterben

It would be awesome too see Bluefish hook up with CoralVue to be able to control the gyre pump !!! Ooohhhweeee !!

It's actually more Maxspect than Coralvue, CV is just the US/Canada distributor, though they are their largest market.

That being said, Bluefish control would be epic. I just hooked up a second Gyre in my tank and having to run them on two on individual timers since there is no way to link the two as of right now. I know there is an 'advanced' controller coming at some point, but no clue when or what all features it will have.

Yeah I am considering getting a gyre, I just don't know, I've heard tons of horror stories I just know that I need more flow as some of my sticks are getting big. Currently have a 60 with only one MP10, and a koralia. want to get it out because its an eyesore, just don't know if I should get another MP or the gyre. What do you think about the gyre on a cube?

Also I am waiting to hear when the updates will be hear soon, about to break down and get an apex, one can only wait so long

jedimasterben

What horror stories did you hear about the gyre? I think it's awesome. Got rid of my 2 mp10's, mp20 and mp40 when I got it.

I've seen a few people that have had 'snails' get in and just obliterate the paddles. I've got two types of snails that are breeding in my tank and I see them covering the gyre all the time and have not had issues, and I got my Gyre way before the general public.

Yeah that's all that I have heard that snails destroy them, I don't have one, but I am considering one, I just don't know what to get, one of the small gyres or another mp10 and sync it with the one I have. Cant find much on people using them on my tank so I am suspect

I've seen a few people that have had 'snails' get in and just obliterate the paddles. I've got two types of snails that are breeding in my tank and I see them covering the gyre all the time and have not had issues, and I got my Gyre way before the general public.

Yeah I saw small cerith's destroy them. I don't have any ceriths so I have no complaints.

jedimasterben

Yeah I saw small cerith's destroy them. I don't have any ceriths so I have no complaints.

I've got hundres of them in my tank and have never seen the issues others have. They're constantly crawling all over them.

Wondering if anyone has heard anything about when the power bar is going to come out? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a reef angel, but wanted to stay with the whole bluefish upgrade path, would really like to know about when this is a possibility? Just sick of using DJ Racks and power strip...

Archived