Innovative Marine Aquariums

paly pick

Amy

Purple Death Paly

or

Purple People Eater Paly

I only want one of these but cannot decide. I like the look of the Purple Death formation of it as it grows but have not seen these in person. We have a reefer doing an order here and I want to order one of these.

Any opinions greatly appreciated.

I vote Purple Death Palys! I think mostly because the color is so intense and I like the shape/size of the polyps.

From my understanding PPE's have tons of morphs, but are also very pretty. I have Hawaiian PPE's that are a more speckled blue.

What usually helps me decide if I'm torn between frags is go with whatever's cheaper B)

Mr. Microscope

Agreed with lawnman all the way. PPE's are a really nice paly and get HUGE! The purple deaths can range from brown to purple. I guess less intense lighting actually turns them more purple. So, if you have really intense lighting, they're probably end up brown.

Thanks for that info, will the PPE stay the color they show on the site or will they turn the brown color too?
Depends on the color they have posted. Picture could be photoshopped so it's hard to say. But under moderate light they should stay a nice bright purple. FYI purple deaths are only about 10 dollars a frag PPE are a oldie but goodie and kinda hard to find anymore. They usually sell for around 30-50 dollars for 2-3 polyps.

The Purple Death Paly has 3 polyps for $20.00 and the PPE are $15 per polyp

I live in Canada so we pay way more than all you do in the USA

I was going to get the Purple Death Palys and a Magician Paly maybe I should rethink this.

They also have Green People Eater Paly

Purple People Eater Paly

Should I swap out the Magicians for one of these instead?

I thought magicians had bright blue speckles in the center? I've got a small colony of magician palys, and thats not what they look like.

Oooh ok. Hm, well after what Lawnman said, I'd be weary of color... Looks like they got them under some heavy actinic, but even so they still seem like they have good color otherwise.

Browsing their selection a little bit, those Lizard skin magicians are cool as hell.

AND THIS http://www.fragcave.com/mix-zoas/

I love the stark contrast of these two zoas mixed together, that will grow in nicely as a colony.

holy crap if they shipped to the states I'd snag it. Nice selection on that site! actually... good thing they dont ship to me, I've already blown my budget on corals.. and then some.

What other ones would you get?

I will look again at those magicians.

I really prefer the paly's so if you can suggest any other for me to consider that would be great

Cant go wrong with nuclear green palys, either.

I like the looks of those purple deaths, I'd get'em.

Whats your budget?

My budget is not the issue its the size of my tank. I have a 2 gal pico so I was just looking at getting one maybe two at the most. But I love the look of the Purple Deaths. I just asked the fellow that is getting the order together if the frags look like they do on the site. He said yes they do when the blue lights are on. Hmmm

I also just looked back on the email from the fellow that has them, he said the Purple Death Paly's are from his own system 3rd generation. What does this mean?

I am just worried that if I get them I will just have more brown looking frags. The ones I have at the moment when the lights come on are brown, when its just the blue light on they show pink.

I am thinking about switching out one of my eco strips in this fixture for an all blue one but not sure if this will fix the issue or not.

I am totally not sold on any kind of LED lights, I personally still think the T5's are the way to go with corals.

Archived