Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoBox Mini = Pico Perfect

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey gang,

A few months ago I set up a CadLights 4g Pico for my daughter in the hopes of making it a nice little zoa tank with a fish of her own to take care of. Throughout the months, I grew apart from the Cad LED light and figured they may be best off investing more in their tanks than in their lights.

Dave sends me a PM, basically forcing me to fork out my money and insists I have no choice but to take one of his lights, I sarcastically indulge his request and finally take him up on his offer and I am happy that there are no regrets.

This little light is perfect for the Pico range tanks... but most importantly of all it has three main selling points:

Build Quality

Color factor

Brightness

Upon the unboxing, you'll realize just how heavy (to an extent) this thing is... I refer to the quality, no offense to Cad, I love them, but the LED you sent me is plastic, and light, very cheapo feel to it... The Mini solid in the hands, and could probably take a drop (I didn't test this part). What better to ask for than all the varieties of colors included for this steal of a price... 3 different blues, 2 different whites, violet...& Lime!? It shows. Lastly, the thing is just wow.... super bright...

Thank you Dave for your work, and we will enjoy it for years to come!

14719340432_70a17d614c_c.jpg

14716460841_4a888a5e20_c.jpg

SouthFlorida_Tron

Plug n Play... When I say Pico Perfect, no need to worry about getting the best settings or over lighting the reef... If youre on a budget and need a killer lighting solution for your small tank, this is a winner, all around! Just plug it into a timer, and forget it!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks good, Rapunzel.

No pink vents and end caps tho?!?

God forbid I upgrade this later, or its taken down, and I needed resale value hahaha. Hot pink NanoBox wouldn't probably be the #1 consumer choice!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks great tron...awesome job as usual dave

Keeping it clean sir, keeping it clean...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Nice pico! What's that red plant/coral in the back?

Thanks, the frags still have to grow in...

It's a gorg, I forget the name, but it's NPS.

famousdan314
Plug n Play... When I say Pico Perfect, no need to worry about getting the best settings or over lighting the reef... If youre on a budget and need a killer lighting solution for your small tank, this is a winner, all around! Just plug it into a timer, and forget it!

Its funny you mentioned CAD's led light. I have actually found their exact light on eBay for half the price from China. A third party builds them for dirt cheap and they slap on their sticker. They do make beautiful tanks and great skimmers tho.

Spiderguardnano

Its funny you mentioned CAD's led light. I have actually found their exact light on eBay for half the price from China. A third party builds them for dirt cheap and they slap on their sticker. They do make beautiful tanks and great skimmers tho.

Post the link

famousdan314

Post the link

I couldn't find it on eBay but heres a link to the Chinese whole seller. They sell the 27w bridelux led clamp on light for $75. It would be silly for us to think companies didn't do this. Outsourcing and then selling at a higher price is where the $ is at. I know for a fact they build their own aquariums in Ontario,CA. At least most of them. Except for the tanks with bent corners most of those are fabricated over seas.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Led-aquarium-light-9-3-saltwater-fish-tank-lighting-marine-reef-led-aquarium-light-free-shipping/1458239386.html'>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Led-aquarium-light-9-3-saltwater-fish-tank-lighting-marine-reef-led-aquarium-light-free-shipping/1458239386.html

SouthFlorida_Tron

Oh, that one. It looks like the light they sent me for the 34g but I never opened it. I thought you were talking about the pico Led light.

famousdan314
Oh, that one. It looks like the light they sent me for the 34g but I never opened it. I thought you were talking about the pico Led light.

Oh gotcha you mean the flipper led light, kind of like the one JBJ sells.

• 2 weeks later...
SquishyFishy

Ugh oh! I can smell more money leaving my account and on its way over to Fason!

I'm fixin to convert my Aqueon 4 gal into a pod breeding machine with gorgs/sponges/macro! Maybe a clam.... Do I need that sophisticated a light Dave???

Ugh oh! I can smell more money leaving my account and on its way over to Fason!

I'm fixin to convert my Aqueon 4 gal into a pod breeding machine with gorgs/sponges/macro! Maybe a clam.... Do I need that sophisticated a light Dave???

Of course :)

-Dave

Do I need that sophisticated a light Dave???

This is like asking your drug dealer if you should buy more drugs. The answer is going to always be:

Of course

Archived