inTank Media Baskets

Saltwater tattoos anyone?

rockstar

Ok I have quite a few tattoos but I'm starting what I call my saltwater leg this week. It's going to be corals, fish, invertebrates eventually. Thought I would share my first one and see if any of you have tattoos that fit in with this hobby :)

Btw this is only gonna cost me $25 at a professional shop because I'm a guinea pig for a new apprentice so I'll post the actual tat when it's done. And the colors are not going to be what this picture actually shows.

imagejpg1_zpsf054f934.jpg

Jsheffield85

Poseidon, jelly, octo, and my pirate skull. Upper half is all sea/maritime related I have a ships wheel, light house and a seawall on my upper arm just need the filler on bottom half and I'm done for awhile.

post-84060-0-36486500-1406094651_thumb.jpg

post-84060-0-91392400-1406094703_thumb.jpg

post-84060-0-56375800-1406094856_thumb.jpg

post-84060-0-43151100-1406095166_thumb.jpg

I've got an idea in my head that will tie in basically everything that is important to me all into one piece (half sleeve). The whole thing will have a sea theme with plenty of fish and coral. A buddy of mine is an amazing tattoo artist and I plan to get him to do it. If and when I ever get it done I will find this thread and post up some pics.

I have been considering one :) lol My daughter is a tattoo artist. But I don't know...what. I was thinking a serpent star.

I have been considering one :) lol My daughter is a tattoo artist. But I don't know...what. I was thinking a serpent star.

One of my friends took a nice picture of his Picasso clownfish pair and their anemone and got it tattooed on his Calf.

I have to say it looks very nice, specially the RBTA's colors.

I would say pick either a favorite thing from your set up or a favorite fish and get that.

well gooburz i have to say i got the pic online and know atleast one other person has it as a tattoo so go for it :) i dont mind.

I was thinking of making the wheel metal looking and then making the octo Red and few other minor things but it came out sick man!

I have a bit of an obsession, my two octopi. Also have a snail on my foot as well.

Those colors are so bright. Beauuuuutiful.

Gooburz the metal wheel is a great idea because it would be like a navy ship wheel. i didnt do red because my skin just doesnt look as good in warm tones but im sure it would be a great color for the octopus. thanks i also think it turned out good considering it was done by an apprentice. :)

Chadf still waiting to see your reef sleeve....im sure its awesome. and it might help me with my ideas and i also just like looking at the art

Gooburz the metal wheel is a great idea because it would be like a navy ship wheel. i didnt do red because my skin just doesnt look as good in warm tones but im sure it would be a great color for the octopus. thanks i also think it turned out good considering it was done by an apprentice. :)

Chadf still waiting to see your reef sleeve....im sure its awesome. and it might help me with my ideas and i also just like looking at the art

Hopefully I can get it done sometime in the next few months but trust me I'll be posting pics for sure to show how it turned out!

Archived