inTank Media Baskets

Trumpet coral

mattfish

Looks open to me. Well, besides the left head. I would keep my eye on that one. Reason being is that I have a Trumpet coral, and i lost all but 1 head. They got to how the head on the left is and it just like. . . melted away. But then again, he was new and i dropped him on the gravel and couldnt get to him until hours later haha. But yeah, I would just watch them. And IME, I've never seen my Trumpet coral ever close up. I mean like the heads will squish and cover the mouth, but never retracts into the skeleton. I feel like Trumpets are the only LPS's that will not retract back into their skeleton. With that being said, I would be cautious if you're able to see the ridges of the trumpet skeleton through the tissue. Not exactly going through the tissue, but more like you can see the outlines of the skeleton through the tissue.

Also, if you're going to be getting more LPS, Large Polyp Stoney meaning that they have big polyps and uses calcium to build their skeleton and grow, then you should consider getting a Calcium tester and doser for the future.

Looks open to me. Well, besides the left head. I would keep my eye on that one. Reason being is that I have a Trumpet coral, and i lost all but 1 head. They got to how the head on the left is and it just like. . . melted away. But then again, he was new and i dropped him on the gravel and couldnt get to him until hours later haha. But yeah, I would just watch them. And IME, I've never seen my Trumpet coral ever close up. I mean like the heads will squish and cover the mouth, but never retracts into the skeleton. I feel like Trumpets are the only LPS's that will not retract back into their skeleton. With that being said, I would be cautious if you're able to see the ridges of the trumpet skeleton through the tissue. Not exactly going through the tissue, but more like you can see the outlines of the skeleton through the tissue.

Also, if you're going to be getting more LPS, Large Polyp Stoney meaning that they have big polyps and uses calcium to build their skeleton and grow, then you should consider getting a Calcium tester and doser for the future.

And also I've never seen their tentacles come out at night. Is that something to worry about?

Fiesta90150

i have two colonies. ones just like yours. at first they didnt blow up like they should and after a while after they settled in they blow up and look great!! they sway in the water flow aswell. i've has mine for months and have only seen tentacles once. What you will more than likely see is there mouth open up all around when you feed. keep an eye on them.

Archived