Innovative Marine Aquariums

6 line wrasse random aggression

Holomovement

Holomovement

Hi,

Out of the blue, my 6 line decided it wants to be a dick today and chase my slightly newer orange spotted goby and firefish. I've had the firefish and wrasse for about 6-7 months and they have never shown any signs of aggression at all. I just added the orange spotted goby to the tank Saturday after my lawnmower blenny passed away :( What should I do to ease tensions in the tank? I've not redone the rock work much since setting up the tank and don't really want to try to mess with the base due to many frags being glued on them and the hassle and stress of moving corals.

The tank is a biocube hqi and those are the only fish in there. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Get rid of the 6line?

Its not uncommon for them to turn in to dicks as they age and also to bully any new fish. Perhaps the new guy upset the balance and everyone must pay!!!

Try to quarantine him for awhile and let the other fish become established and try to add him back as the LAST fish (add any other fish you may want before you reintroduce him).

Snow_Phoenix

My Sixline, Benny, was the same way. He would play nice one day, and go completely bonkers another day. Finally I had to sell him off to a fellow reefer friend when I was downsizing my tank. Out of all the fish I've kept, I'd say try not to add a Sixline or Damsel (except a few passive species) to your tank, unless you want it to be a semi-aggressive or aggressive environment.

Holomovement

I'll try to put the 6line in my other tank for a day or two and re add him. I don't plan on stocking any more fish in the future.

My Sixline, Benny, was the same way. He would play nice one day, and go completely bonkers another day. Finally I had to sell him off to a fellow reefer friend when I was downsizing my tank. Out of all the fish I've kept, I'd say try not to add a Sixline or Damsel (except a few passive species) to your tank, unless you want it to be a semi-aggressive or aggressive environment.

I like that your 6 line is named Benny. My lawnmower blenny was named Benny as well because my wife couldn't ever remember the L.

I would just keep the sixline in the other tank for a week or two like what Tamberav said. And if that doesnt work, then you could try re-doing the rocks on top of your base rocks so that breaks up some of the territory.

Archived