inTank Media Baskets

My 44G Tall Build. - 30G Has been broken down.

Curry02

I can totally understand and respect that, family first. Those were some big tanks! That's the thing that has kept me from bigger tanks. The time and cost of the equipment associated with running larger tanks. I'd much rather be in the hobby with a smaller tank than none at all.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can totally understand and respect that, family first. Those were some big tanks! That's the thing that has kept me from bigger tanks. The time and cost of the equipment associated with running larger tanks. I'd much rather be in the hobby with a smaller tank than none at all.

Its kind of cool that I enjoy my smaller tanks just as much as I did the bigger ones. I had a navarchus angel named Big Al for probably 6 years and I do miss him but I knew even my big tanks were barely adequate for him. I'm about ready to get seahorses now which should be really awesome.

Its kind of cool that I enjoy my smaller tanks just as much as I did the bigger ones. I had a navarchus angel named Big Al for probably 6 years and I do miss him but I knew even my big tanks were barely adequate for him. I'm about ready to get seahorses now which should be really awesome.

That is a beautiful angel!

Seahorses are awesome. At some point I'd like a seahorse tank as well. Looking forward to a build thread if you do it!!

That is a beautiful angel!

Seahorses are awesome. At some point I'd like a seahorse tank as well. Looking forward to a build thread if you do it!!

In my signature if you click on "My 30 gallon XH seahorse tank" you can see my seahorse build. I tried to design the tank to meet the specific needs of seahorses.

Nothing much to update. Diatoms have arrived. I started adding CUC from the other tank. I may have to buy another batch of snails from john since there aren't too many in the tank.

Also moved the clown over and he's doing great and eating. Water parameters are good but being that I'm on a time constraint and need the fish moved ASAP there isn't much I can do at this point.

One thing to note, I did not acclimate the fish before moving since both tanks are at the same exact temp and salinty.

I will be moving the PJ Cardinal next, following by the Angel, Gramma and finally the eel. I will be moving them one at a time a few days apart to give the tank time to catch up on the load.

Get 5 Stomatellas from ReefGoddess, you'll have 50 in no time.

500 in half a year, most will be tiny and hide during the day. Because your fish will pick them off as food when they see them.

Sounds like a good plan moving your livestock in a few days apart. I guess if the bioload is heavier than the tank can handle you can always keep the parameters in check with WCs.

Get 5 Stomatellas from ReefGoddess, you'll have 50 in no time.

500 in half a year, most will be tiny and hide during the day. Because your fish will pick them off as food when they see them.

Interesting. I will have to contact her. I used absolutely no live rock this time so I'm looking for all the diversity I can get. Thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like a good plan moving your livestock in a few days apart. I guess if the bioload is heavier than the tank can handle you can always keep the parameters in check with WCs.

Yea I figured dumping all of them at once might not be the greatest plan. Water changes will definitely help as well as the skimmer which is now up and running. I have a filter sock on there for now which I change every 2 days. I keep around 10 of them and wash them regularly.

Especially the eel. My snowflake was probably pretty hard on the bio filtration as he chomped down krill and mysis like nothing. He shared the tank with some other messy carnivores like a porkypine puffer, a lionfish and 2 groupers.

Especially the eel. My snowflake was probably pretty hard on the bio filtration as he chomped down krill and mysis like nothing. He shared the tank with some other messy carnivores like a porkypine puffer, a lionfish and 2 groupers.

Yep. He will devour an entire silverside and still want more! The funny thing is I have a silverside in my tank that I got last year when my mom thought it was a good idea to chuck one in there after they went fishing one day. He NEVER goes after it.

Yep. He will devour an entire silverside and still want more! The funny thing is I have a silverside in my tank that I got last year when my mom thought it was a good idea to chuck one in there after they went fishing one day. He NEVER goes after it.

Wow, that's amazing that he doesn't bother it. Of course, you could still wake up some morning and the silverside will be gone!

Wow, that's amazing that he doesn't bother it. Of course, you could still wake up some morning and the silverside will be gone!

haha yea im not holding my breath on that one.

Added the PJ Cardinal yesterday its been doing fine. Ate twice so far.

Water parameters are still in check and skimmer is already doing a good job.

Next up is the gramma maybe saturday.

Grammas are awesome. I love mine. I think they are pretty sturdy too so I would expect it to do fine as well. He'll like exploring his new home when he gets comfortable which I would think would be pretty quickly.

No fish news today. My replacement filters came from spectrapure today, just got done installing. They were about due for a change. Tomorrow the gramma moves to its new home.

Tanks parameters are all in check and the nitrites are almost 0. Fish are all doing very well so far. Eating and swimming happily.

I am absolutely in love with the APEX right now. my lights and moonlights are totally controlled and on the seasonal schedule, temp is in check. It is also controlling a fan on the chiller outlet to keep the tank cool.

Next on the list is a leak detector, PH probe module and the auto fish feeder.

Placed my order over at reef cleaners. Moved the Angel and Eel over and they are all fine and eating. Just the last 3 days the tank got cloudy/hazy. I figure its a bacterial bloom of some sort. Its now day 4 still hazy but ill let it ride for another day or so before I add some carbon.

Tank parameters are all in check.

• 6 months later...

Man its been a while since I posted. Happy New Year? LOL

I actually came on the site today because I'm actually thinking of taking my tank down. I have just been fighting this neomeris for so long. I have tried everything short of a nuke! Its just frustrating and turning me off from the tank.

At this point I think it best to just take a break from this and regroup. I may jump back into things but not just yet. I am debating on keeping a small desktop tank but I still haven't decided. I'm going to turn the tank into a full blown vivarium for now.

As far as my equipment goes. Im probably going to sell off what I can like the MP10's, return pump, Heater and anything else I probably wont need.

I might keep the apex since that might come in handy in the future. Probably going to use it to control a misting system, the waterfall and a fan for airflow.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the update, the vivarium looks great. God bless and hope to see another aquarium build some day.

Thanks for the update, the vivarium looks great. God bless and hope to see another aquarium build some day.

Thanks! I would absolutely love to build another but these little frogs are really growing on me! lol.

post-48164-0-24677800-1432260578_thumb.jpg

Archived