inTank Media Baskets

Yellow Clown Goby - Healthy?

andersonkc

I was looking at my YCG and noticed his belly was a shade of white. Anyone have experience with this? Is it sick?

(perched on glass)

I'm no expert on fish, but that one is not looking too good.....how long has it been like that? Are your water parameters ok? Has it been eating fairly regularly?

Eats regularly. It has always had the concave belly, but I recently noticed the whiter part.

Water params seem in order. My sexy shrimp and all corals are thriving.

That's not a healthy yellow clown goby. My bet's on an internal parasite if it's eating regularly and with interest.

Incidentally, what food?

MadReefer13

That sucks he looks bad I'm with BulkRate I'd say internal parasite as well best of luck for you and your lil ycg

If your food doesn't have garlic I'd look into that.

Been feeding Cyclopeeze since thats all he really gobbles up. Other foods are too large for him.

How does one develop parasites? I have had him for quite some time. Maybe 6-8 months.

Snow_Phoenix

This was my YCG, Cosmo, when I first got him 1+ year ago. Note how skinny he was:

wJoxix7.png

Trkxkmb.png

This is how he looks like today:

UwQWFit.png

SFDAFwC.png

h9HeoYo.png

I feed mine frozen Mysis (Hikari brand) and Hikari Marine S pellets. He goes nuts for both.

How often do you feed? I really want mine to plump up!

This was my YCG, Cosmo, when I first got him 1+ year ago. Note how skinny he was:

wJoxix7.png

Trkxkmb.png

UwQWFit.png

SFDAFwC.png

h9HeoYo.png

I feed mine frozen Mysis (Hikari brand) and Hikari Marine S pellets. He goes nuts for both.

Once a day in my case... but you might want to do a 2nd light feeding opposite your normal one. If you have a pellet food, try crushing it a little to make some <.5mm bits. Mine would routinely spit out pellets until I started doing this.

Here's my little guy:

post-70644-0-41488800-1405965020_thumb.jpg

I feed these guys 3 to 4 times a day. Generally that is always the best schedule with fish as they have a short digestive system that is designed to have a constant availability of food. All fish do all day is look for food and eat food.

I have been feeding him multiple times a day over the past few days. His color seems to have gotten better.

How long before he starts to plump up?

Still feed Cyclopeeze; new pellets arriving today. Also, I had some Rod's food and he seems to like the "scallop" pieces.

wJoxix7.png

Trkxkmb.png

UwQWFit.png

SFDAFwC.png

h9HeoYo.png

This is a great fat little Goby

Mine is fickle. Was really hard to get eating at first, then ate everything and anything plus was super competitive, even aggressive with other fish. 2 years older and is only interested in the smallest peices of food and no longer competes with the other fish.

Snow_Phoenix

I have been feeding him multiple times a day over the past few days. His color seems to have gotten better.

How long before he starts to plump up?

Still feed Cyclopeeze; new pellets arriving today. Also, I had some Rod's food and he seems to like the "scallop" pieces.

It might take a while, be prepared to wait a month or two for him to fill out completely. Keep feeding him and monitoring your tank's phosphate levels in the case of overfeeding.

This is a great fat little Goby

Mine is fickle. Was really hard to get eating at first, then ate everything and anything plus was super competitive, even aggressive with other fish. 2 years older and is only interested in the smallest peices of food and no longer competes with the other fish.

Thank you. Cosmo (my YCG) has come a long way in my tank(s). I love him very much. :wub:

I remember having a Warpaint Green Clown Goby about two years back that had a similar problem. I paired him up with a Blue Gudgeon Dartfish and he slowly 'learnt' to eat prepared food by copying his buddy's movements. :)

Archived